Fuel can is hard to handle!!!

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #91  
This one is not hard to handle, I pick it up with the forks, put it in the pick-up, fill it with off road diesel.

But it hurts to pay for it, $300 last time. :mad:

P3310026.JPG

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #92  
Yes, Its a great can but it will run you $44.00

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #93  
Now there's a visual I could have done without! :laughing:

I removed the little safety lever on my fuel spouts too. Pushing on that thing, really hurts when the fingers are cold.
I love it when someone sidesteps political correctness with a little humor. The nosepicking bit caused me to reread that reply twice. In the future I'll remember that trick if I really want to get someone's attention.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #94  
I took a big sheet metal screw and run it into the can to make a vent hole. After running it in and out several times, I can do it with my fingers and the vent allows the can to empty two or three times faster. The screw will stay in the hole better than a golf tee or stick.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #95  
I hang mine from a rope inside the barn and place the tractor under it. Just tilt and pour.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #96  
Best fuel container ever !!!!!

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #97  
I think the theory of the new cans is that as you refuel, they are supposed to capture the vapor expelled from your tank so nothing escapes to the atmosphere. (To make smog like the photo above). But obviously this isn't working very well with the present version of the new fuel jugs. Someone should invent one that actually works.

You'd think, but read the warning label, I think the first warning may be to release the pressure in the can prior to filling your equipment. To me this totally defeats the purpose of this hope to suck the gases back in as you really don't want to have the can spurt out fuel due to all the pressure of the gas expanding within the can.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #98  
I think the real culprit is too many people and buildings, in too small an area. The breeze can't get through to clear out the smog. I doubt a few vapor fumes are the cause.

I do wish California had been really smart and passed the prop requiring labels on all GMO goods, last fall. That would have been one worth getting on the books. Big money and corporations won that one too. *sigh*

I agree...too many people decided to create a city in a valley where the wind won't blow through. For some reason people think that just because its a city it doesn't abide by the same rules of nature. In a car people realize that if there's a smog problem, the wife will tell you to roll a window down. The same philosophy needs to be understood by cities.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #99  
can anyone confirm whether the EZ pour spouts will work on the new style cans w/ the EPA safety spout, and if so, which brands? they give 2 thread adapters, but seems to me, my dad said the threads on his newer can didn't match the old ones. i have to go and check which brands of can i have. i do have 2 different style nozzle, one with the plastic sleeve over the spout that you push against the edge of the tank and one w/ the safety button and lever. they both suck.

come to think of it, i do have a couple cans w/ regular spouts too, guess i can try the old caps on the new cans.

I've got some of the ezpour spouts and they work on everything I have. Go to their site, they have pics of all the cans they work with.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #100  
I agree...too many people decided to create a city in a valley where the wind won't blow through. For some reason people think that just because its a city it doesn't abide by the same rules of nature. In a car people realize that if there's a smog problem, the wife will tell you to roll a window down. The same philosophy needs to be understood by cities.

You want smog, try the Valley of the Sun where Phoenix is located. On a few occasions I flew into/out of there and the only thing you could see were a couple of the dog crap piles (isolated mountains) that dot the eastern end of the valley popping their tops through the smog layer. And if a haboob is blowing in, all bets of seeing anything are off.

Haboob - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia