Fuel can is hard to handle!!!

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #13  
I thought it was just me. Have spilled more gasoline with the spill proof spouts than I ever did with the previous ones. I also have two of the old style ( pre-government conrtol ) 6 gallon diesel plastic cans. I have been using the funnel technique and that works pretty well. Still, holding them even over the funnel is awkward. I have a siphon but have not tried it yet. Somewhere on TBN I read that a board placed across the FEL arms to set the can on and a siphon stops you from holding the can up for so long. That might work for my Kubota with the fill hole right in the center of the hood.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #15  
$100 for a offroad tank with a hand pump and $10 for a auto-shutoff nozzle took care of that problem for us.

Aaron Z

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #17  
Get one of these from EZ-Pour. Great little kit with spout and a plastic vent plug. Just drill a hole and snap it in. Then replace the spout with one like what you were used to. ~$10 each.

UNIVERSAL GAS SPOUT « EZ-POUR

Myself, I got a couple of the hi-flows so I didn't have to stand around for 5 mins with it at chest level to pour 5gals into my bota.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #19  
No-Spill Jill has nice Sweater-Bumpers. I may have to look into getting a couple of those cans.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #20  
Put the fuel can in the loader bucket. Run tubing from the fuel can to the tractor fuel tank. Raise the loader bucket slightly higher than the tractor filler hole. Tip the fuel can on it's side to poor. Fuel runs into the tank with no lifting, no holding, no spilling or extra effort.
If you already have a fuel can, the only extra cost is a couple dollars for tubing and maybe a hose clamp.