Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3038E

Default Re: Fuel can is hard to handle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by /pine View Post
    Ditto...
    Ditto as well. Shaker hose is simple, easy and effective.

Tractor
    NH T1510 HST

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    I did remove the "safety" off of the Blitz lever type of fuel spout, as a convenience to me in case I let go of the lever for a second to pick my nose or something, I did not have to push in the stupid little safety lever each time. I have thought about putting in the tire valve to make the emptying go a little faster but it is so easy to just hold the lever and watch it drain, I haven't bothered to do it yet. James K0UA
    Now there's a visual I could have done without!

I removed the little safety lever on my fuel spouts too. Pushing on that thing, really hurts when the fingers are cold.
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............................
    "If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?"

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Here's my solution, after several unsatisfactory methods for pouring a 5 gallon jug.

It's a 15 gallon barrel, so its not too heavy to rassle out of the trailer after going to fill it. I have a second barrel like it. They originally held carwash detergent.

And a HF $30 pump, the one that can pump or suck depending on which way the handle is turned. That's so I can steal fuel from one tractor for the other if I ever have to - or empty the tractor's tank for some reason.

The delivery end of the hose is an easy fit into the second bung. I park it in there to keep it clean. And the fitting near the end of the hose is simply ballast so the hose doesn't jump out of the tractor while fueling.

Tractor
    David Brown 780 Selectomatic, L3800 Kubota, BX2200 Kubota

California, That is a great Idea. I have one 5 gallon and two 6 gallon yellow plastic cans. I could fill the three at the gas station and pump into the holding tank you show. May never have to lift a full can again plus, a reserve at home. I know that some of these barrels come with warnings not to use petroleum in them, but looks like yours is holding up nicely. I have a barrel and think I will test it with a small amount of diesel for a week or so to be sure. When the government starts to send out home and farm safety inspectors I expect they will not allow it though. Has Pelosi turned the water back on out there yet?

PMA
    Tractor
    John Deere 5325, CI Farmall 85U, Mccormick International 404

Watched John stossel on Fox News the other night and the company that made the good cans went out of business because of law suits from dummies pouring gas on open flames. Put around 170 people out of work and some had worked there for over 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Tractor
    MF 1547 Cab, DynaQPS

Quote Originally Posted by PhilY View Post
    Get one of these from EZ-Pour. Great little kit with spout and a plastic vent plug. Just drill a hole and snap it in. Then replace the spout with one like what you were used to. ~$10 each.

UNIVERSAL GAS SPOUT ォ EZ-POUR

Myself, I got a couple of the hi-flows so I didn't have to stand around for 5 mins with it at chest level to pour 5gals into my bota.
    Thanks for the link. I ordered one regular for gas, and one hi-flow for diesel.
    jp
    MF 1547 w/FEL w/bucket and 48" forks, 6'FM, 6'BB, 7' RAKE

Tractor
    Toolcat 5610 F. Bobcat V417 Versahandler. TORO+Loader

My fuel can is too heavy to handle!

Fuel can is hard to handle!!!-p3130023.jpg Fuel can is hard to handle!!!-p3130022.jpg

100 gallons. Semi saddle tank.

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Here's my solution, after several unsatisfactory methods for pouring a 5 gallon jug.

It's a 15 gallon barrel, so its not too heavy to rassle out of the trailer after going to fill it. I have a second barrel like it. They originally held carwash detergent.

And a HF $30 pump, the one that can pump or suck depending on which way the handle is turned. That's so I can steal fuel from one tractor for the other if I ever have to - or empty the tractor's tank for some reason.

The delivery end of the hose is an easy fit into the second bung. I park it in there to keep it clean. And the fitting near the end of the hose is simply ballast so the hose doesn't jump out of the tractor while fueling.

That was the direction I was going to go, even got a HF hand pump. But before I got my hands on a 15 gallon can the local natural gas company decided to expand their service area. All of a sudden there was lots of free diesel sitting in people's basements so I bought an electric pump and now use a 55 gallon drum. I have it filled when the dealer is up delivering heating oil.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

bcp
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Saw one of these for the first at the local farm supply the other day. It might be the answer for some of you.

Fuel can is hard to handle!!!-169476_lg.jpg

Flo 'N Go Maxflo Siphon and Pump — With 5-Gallon Fuel Can, Model# 06922 | Fuel Nozzles| Northern Tool + Equipment

Tractor
    Ford 1720

I have some of the old vented red Wedco plactic jugs and the spout broke. Found this on Ebay
    6 Versaflex CR Flexible Pouring Gas Fuel Spout Wedco Briggs Stratton Can Jug | eBay
    Ford 1720, Sims cab, FEL, Woods subframe backhoe, Fisher 7' hydro angle plow, Wallenstein 3 pth splitter, 5' blade, 3 pth carry-all, 3 pth ballast

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast