Fuel can is hard to handle!!!

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #32  
I did remove the "safety" off of the Blitz lever type of fuel spout, as a convenience to me in case I let go of the lever for a second to pick my nose or something, I did not have to push in the stupid little safety lever each time.:) I have thought about putting in the tire valve to make the emptying go a little faster but it is so easy to just hold the lever and watch it drain, I haven't bothered to do it yet. James K0UA
Now there's a visual I could have done without! :laughing:

I removed the little safety lever on my fuel spouts too. Pushing on that thing, really hurts when the fingers are cold.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #33  
Here's my solution, after several unsatisfactory methods for pouring a 5 gallon jug.

It's a 15 gallon barrel, so its not too heavy to rassle out of the trailer after going to fill it. I have a second barrel like it. They originally held carwash detergent.

And a HF $30 pump, the one that can pump or suck depending on which way the handle is turned. That's so I can steal fuel from one tractor for the other if I ever have to - or empty the tractor's tank for some reason.

The delivery end of the hose is an easy fit into the second bung. I park it in there to keep it clean. And the fitting near the end of the hose is simply ballast so the hose doesn't jump out of the tractor while fueling.

265863d1337457720-harbor-freight-tools-dont-suck-p1670121rfuelcaddy.jpg

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #34  
California, That is a great Idea. I have one 5 gallon and two 6 gallon yellow plastic cans. I could fill the three at the gas station and pump into the holding tank you show. May never have to lift a full can again plus, a reserve at home. I know that some of these barrels come with warnings not to use petroleum in them, but looks like yours is holding up nicely. I have a barrel and think I will test it with a small amount of diesel for a week or so to be sure. When the government :censored: starts to send out home and farm safety inspectors I expect they will not allow it though. Has Pelosi turned the water back on out there yet? :D

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #35  
Watched John stossel on Fox News the other night and the company that made the good cans went out of business because of law suits from dummies pouring gas on open flames. Put around 170 people out of work and some had worked there for over 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #36  
Get one of these from EZ-Pour. Great little kit with spout and a plastic vent plug. Just drill a hole and snap it in. Then replace the spout with one like what you were used to. ~$10 each.

UNIVERSAL GAS SPOUT ォ EZ-POUR

Myself, I got a couple of the hi-flows so I didn't have to stand around for 5 mins with it at chest level to pour 5gals into my bota.

Thanks for the link. I ordered one regular for gas, and one hi-flow for diesel.
jp

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #37  
My fuel can is too heavy to handle! :D

P3130023.JPG P3130022.JPG

100 gallons. Semi saddle tank.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #38  
Here's my solution, after several unsatisfactory methods for pouring a 5 gallon jug.

It's a 15 gallon barrel, so its not too heavy to rassle out of the trailer after going to fill it. I have a second barrel like it. They originally held carwash detergent.

And a HF $30 pump, the one that can pump or suck depending on which way the handle is turned. That's so I can steal fuel from one tractor for the other if I ever have to - or empty the tractor's tank for some reason.

The delivery end of the hose is an easy fit into the second bung. I park it in there to keep it clean. And the fitting near the end of the hose is simply ballast so the hose doesn't jump out of the tractor while fueling.

265863d1337457720-harbor-freight-tools-dont-suck-p1670121rfuelcaddy.jpg

That was the direction I was going to go, even got a HF hand pump. But before I got my hands on a 15 gallon can the local natural gas company decided to expand their service area. All of a sudden there was lots of free diesel sitting in people's basements so I bought an electric pump and now use a 55 gallon drum. I have it filled when the dealer is up delivering heating oil.