Fuel can is hard to handle!!!

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #81  
Being an old guy, I find it awkward to fuel also. I use a "jiggler pump" type siphon from Harbor Freight. Costs $5.99 if not on sale.
Self-Priming Copper Jiggler Pump
Just set the fuel can on the hood of the tractor, get the jiggler siphon to pumping and give it a few minutes while you clean up. Works for me! I guess in a few more years I will have to have something that will pump from the floor. By the way, with this particular siphon I found the hose tended to collapse at the bends -- so I threaded a 3/8" plastic hose up the larger supplied hose and it holds it open in any configuration. Problem solved.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #82  
I use my grandfathers old 55 Gal hand pump, over 60 years old I guess.....

IMAG0716.jpg

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #83  
From the Jeg's website on these jugs.

These jugs are not intended to contain fuel or kerosene. Putting fuel or kerosene in these jugs in California is not permitted and will violate California law.

Christ, everything violates the law in Banifornia.

Well, I don't expect things to be too different here in Cali-rado at the rate things are going lately.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #84  
Here's a new Canadian product "the G-Can it's not cheap but works great.

The G CANョ: Easy, Clean, Safer Refueling

$200 for a gas can! That's too rich for my blood!

Well, I don't expect things to be too different here in Cali-rado at the rate things are going lately.

Sad; but true I'm afraid. I'm a Colorado native, and I've started calling my state Can'torado, Banorado, Nolorado because were becoming more like Can'tifornia, Banifornia, Noifornia all the time. I'll add Calirado to the list.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #85  
$200 for a gas can! That's too rich for my blood!

Not to worry, only available in Canada.
Interesting idea though.
Price is too high for only 5 gallon capacity I think, $50 or thereabouts I'd go for, $200 no way.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #86  
I use the 5 gallon fuel cans, and use a simple pump siphon when the fuel can is full, and a cheap TSC funnel when its near empty. I have a feed bag that I store under the seat that I lay over the swanky JD paint job so that the fuel can does not scratch up the paint. I looked around for a better fix, and that G Can looks good, but way too much money. Decided to go low tech rather than high on this job.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #87  
can anyone confirm whether the EZ pour spouts will work on the new style cans w/ the EPA safety spout, and if so, which brands? they give 2 thread adapters, but seems to me, my dad said the threads on his newer can didn't match the old ones. i have to go and check which brands of can i have. i do have 2 different style nozzle, one with the plastic sleeve over the spout that you push against the edge of the tank and one w/ the safety button and lever. they both suck.

come to think of it, i do have a couple cans w/ regular spouts too, guess i can try the old caps on the new cans.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #88  
I may be wrong but isn't the no spill spout so you can fill the tractor while it is still running?:stirthepot:

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #89  
$200.oo + 13% tax on that is a tad rich! I am going to think hard about that one.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #90  
i checked and all my cans are blitz and the old and new ones appear to be the same thread. i'm guessing the EZ pour spout/vent will work fine...but they won't sell them to NY....i have to buy the 'water can' version (which i'm sure is most likely the same thing)...man, i HATE ny!!!!!! don't even get me started on the ridiculous gun laws.