Fuel can is hard to handle!!!

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #1  

ohbehave

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200 (2012)
Those new fuel can spouts are a pain to use.... refilling the tractor by standing awkwardly over the hood and trying to pour a five gallon is a killer.

The spout restricts the full flow, so you end up standing there forever waiting for it to empty.

Is it possible to by an old fashioned fuel can spout? ... so some other remedy ideas?

Thanks

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #2  
Some have put a tire valve(without the guts) opposite the spout for a vent.Cap when not in use.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!!
Hmmmm... that sounds interesting. Never thought that the "trickle" was due to a lack of a vent.

I was thinking of just taking the darn spigot off of the gas (diesel) can and pouring into a big funnel

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #4  
Hmmmm... that sounds interesting. Never thought that the "trickle" was due to a lack of a vent.

I was thinking of just taking the darn spigot off of the gas (diesel) can and pouring into a big funnel

That's what I do...great big plastic TSC funnel.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #5  
Those new fuel can spouts are a pain to use.... refilling the tractor by standing awkwardly over the hood and trying to pour a five gallon is a killer.

The spout restricts the full flow, so you end up standing there forever waiting for it to empty.

Is it possible to by an old fashioned fuel can spout? ... so some other remedy ideas?

Thanks

One of the very reasons I did not buy a Kubota was the location of the fuel filler - could they put it in a more difficult location? Seems that trying to hold ANY 5 gallon can there - even one that pours quickly - isn't going to be too much fun.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #7  
   / Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #9  
I use a "shaker" style siphon hose. The hand-pump hoses aren't bad either. I just set the thing on my hood and take the filler cap off.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #10