Ballast Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop!

/ Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop! #31  
Please keep your bucket on the ground with kids in the vicinity. Your little cutie looks a lot like my granddaughter and seeing that bucket in the air gives me the chills!

That's a really good point. I don't have any kids yet and never really gave it any thought but my little nieces come over a lot. I will keep my bucket on the ground from now on.

/ Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop! #32  
That wasn't stuck, being stuck is when you step up to get out of the cab...

Enjoy your little girl while she still wants to help.

/ Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop!
Chim- thank you for concern. Danger is all around us and we must keep a watchful eye on little ones.
Oldnslo- I can tell you perfected what I dabbled in! ;)
The process today took about an hour. I have certainly done worse.

/ Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop! #34  
That looks like you've come up with a great new trencher. Hopefully you wanted a trench there.

307844d1363124516-planted-tractor-hoping-bumper-crop-image-3613514465.jpg

Glad to hear you got it out.

Buckets can do wonders for pulling yourself out of a mess.

You've got pretty low fenders. A long time ago we chained wood fence posts to the tires to make super tire chains. Although, I've heard you must be careful with the direction of driving. Stopping rear tire rotation when driving forward theoretically could lift the front wheels off the ground and could be quite dangerous. But, one might be able to back up without that issue.

/ Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop! #35  
ChiOldnslo- I can tell you perfected what I dabbled in! ;)
The process today took about an hour. I have certainly done worse.

Not by choice, Hit a sink hole with JD 4840 with 600 gallons in saddle tanks and duals pulling 23 foot tandem disc and anhydrous tank. Could not see the front tires and saddle tanks where about a foot in the mud. Mud was about level with the cab floor. Didn't have digital camera or internet back then so no pictures it never happened...

Took an Case 1180 dozer and 4640 JD and case 580 TLB to dig and tug me out. that was by far the worst I had ever been stuck.

/ Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop! #36  
How big is that winch ? How did you get the truck to stay put ?

/ Planted a tractor, hoping for bumper crop! #37  
That wasn't stuck, being stuck is when you step up to get out of the cab...

Enjoy your little girl while she still wants to help.

Here is one I had to step up to get out. I was glad that the silt was dry enough on top to walk on!

PB300008.JPG PB300013.JPG PB300015.JPG

Last edited:
That looks like you've come up with a great new trencher. Hopefully you wanted a trench there.

Glad to hear you got it out.

Buckets can do wonders for pulling yourself out of a mess.

You've got pretty low fenders. A long time ago we chained wood fence posts to the tires to make super tire chains. Although, I've heard you must be careful with the direction of driving. Stopping rear tire rotation when driving forward theoretically could lift the front wheels off the ground and could be quite dangerous. But, one might be able to back up without that issue.

Yessir! You also don't want to chain it in the hole with your valve core stem!! Ask me how I know. ;) We usually would just chain one. I was always scared of knocking my brains out if it got crooked on the way up. :)

Not by choice, Hit a sink hole with JD 4840 with 600 gallons in saddle tanks and duals pulling 23 foot tandem disc and anhydrous tank. Could not see the front tires and saddle tanks where about a foot in the mud. Mud was about level with the cab floor. Didn't have digital camera or internet back then so no pictures it never happened...

Took an Case 1180 dozer and 4640 JD and case 580 TLB to dig and tug me out. that was by far the worst I had ever been stuck.

Dang it boy!!!! Like your t-shirt:)

How big is that winch ? How did you get the truck to stay put ?

I think a 6000 warn. We dead maned to the fence post at ground level. 4wheel pull is out on the truck, so by the time I got it far enough away to really pull it was pretty stuck too.