Default FEL hydraulic problem

My fel functions properly for awhile (10 minutes) then it loses the ability to raise the front of the tractor off the ground. It will still lift and dump, but will not lift the tractor. Any ideas?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2400H

Default Re: FEL hydraulic problem

Will it lift a full bucket or just raise and lower an empty bucket?

First thought is that once the system gets warm you have leak path greater than pump flow reducing the pressure you can build. If you have the equipment or can get the equipment install a pressure gauge in the pressure line to your FEL. When system is cold run a function until it dead heads and see what the pressure is. Now warm the system up and at a similar RPM operate the same function until it dead heads and compare the two pressures. If very little difference with that function try raising the front of the tractor off the ground and see what the pressure reads. If it won't build pressure now or it builds less pressure I would suspect bad seals on your lift cylinders.

If there is a significant difference in pressure from step 1 you will have go farther into diagnostics. Next test will be to time the bucket raise with load from ground level to full height at a given engine RPM cold and hot. If these times are significantly different that would be an indication that you are loosing flow from the pump and it could be a relief valve stuck partially open or your pump starting to die. To do further diagnostics would require a flow meter, relief valve, etc. to isolate components one at a time to find the failing item.

What model and vintage of tractor is this?
    Artificial Intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity.

Branson 2400H MMM & FEL

JD 112

BX1850 gone but not forgotten

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

yep.. need more info on this to help you.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ariens

what grade of oil are you using ? a thin oil will work well until it gets hot ... then it slips past the pump gears ( just creating heat instead of useful work ) and limits your max pressure .... an oil that is too thick will not flow at low temps ( until it warms up ) did the problem just come all of a sudden? or slowly get worse ?

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Perhaps you are using regen mode which will provide less power.

On some tractors, regen is in the first part of lever movement, and others tractors the regen is to the far right past a soft stop.

Install a hyd gage in the hyd system and use it to monitor and trouble shoot the hyd system.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

there could be a few probs going on.your loader hoses are loosing their connection to the remotes.2 you could be using the wrong hydro oil.3 your hydro filter could be stopped up.4 the hydro flow valve couldve gotten messed with if you have 1.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Make sure you 3 point hitch lever is neutral, if its open it will draw pressure from the loader, check the simple things 1st and be sure all your levers are closed. It's real easy to snag them getting on and off the tractor or simply holding on during heavy work
    Kubota B7800, Sundown Loader Forks, Landpride PHD, Sundown 66" Box Blade, 800 pound Ballast Drum with chain storage, ATI Grapple, 60" WR Long Diverter, Landpride Brush mower, 7' Landpride Rake,Manlift platform, Bucket mounted 6' Snow Plow, 3 point Cherry Picker, Subsoiler

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Install a hyd gage and test the pressure to see if the pump is working normal.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Check the control stick linkages for sloppiness and wear.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones