Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5210 + Bobcat CT335

Default Re: Dealer "relationship" importance

Its hard to gauge how good your dealer is going to be when you are buying. The sales guy should be nice and interested in what your needs and budget are, but its after the sale where the measure of service begins. The best way to find out about a dealer would be to talk with some of his customers that have needed service after the sale.

That said, my deere dealer has big volume and won't remember my name because I've really only dealt with their 6 parts guys in my 13 years of ownership. My Deere hasn't needed any more than maintenance. My Bobcat dealer is smaller and they greet me by name, but I have not needed their service either. I would buy from either one again because they both delivered the tractor I wanted at the best price I could find. I personally think that the routine maintenance items on tractors are within almost anyone's abillity to perform, unless they are contending with some sort of disability.
    "Contentment makes poor men rich, Discontent makes rich men poor." Benjamin Franklin

"...The conflict between believers and non believers is not about the beliefs..." IslandTractor

J F
    Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Great posts guys, love everyone's perspective.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    Kubota B2320

J F,

I think that you started a great thread
    I have been thinking about this a lot after reading all the arguments(...err discussions) in the buying/pricing comparison section.
    I probably would have started this myself if you hadn't.

A neighbor's Mahindra looked like a really nice tractor but I wouldn't even know where to find one close by. I came within an inch of signing on the dotted line for a John Deere but the dealer basically "unsold" it to me at the last minute. I went to the local kubota/ New Holland dealer and quickly realized why everybody around here has one of those two brands. I can't say that I've been completely happy with my Kubota but I've been very pleased with the dealer and the outstanding service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12