Pats Easy Change with MF extending lower links-does it fit?

/ Pats Easy Change with MF extending lower links-does it fit? #1  

Cynical

Tractor
MF3645
Need a little guidance from you folks. I'm ready to buy Pats Easy Change system but I have concerns whether it will fit my extending lower links. Anyone with a newer Massey ferg have the extending lower links with a Pats system installed? Anyone know the dimensions I need available at the link ends to get Pats installed (this is where I am afraid of a conflict--my fear is there is not enough flat surface on the link arms to install). I do not want to weld on or lose the ability in the future to return the arms to stock.

Help! And thanks.

/ Pats Easy Change with MF extending lower links-does it fit? #2  
Need a little guidance from you folks. I'm ready to buy Pats Easy Change system but I have concerns whether it will fit my extending lower links. Anyone with a newer Massey ferg have the extending lower links with a Pats system installed? Anyone know the dimensions I need available at the link ends to get Pats installed (this is where I am afraid of a conflict--my fear is there is not enough flat surface on the link arms to install). I do not want to weld on or lose the ability in the future to return the arms to stock.

Help! And thanks.
I don't know why you want Pats EZ change if you have extension arms on the 3PH. Pats is for those guys who don't have extending lift arms. You cant get any better as far as ease of hook up than having extending lift arms.

/ Pats Easy Change with MF extending lower links-does it fit? #3  
I don't know why you want Pats EZ change if you have extension arms on the 3PH. Pats is for those guys who don't have extending lift arms. You cant get any better as far as ease of hook up than having extending lift arms.
Pat's newest craetion is 'slide in EZ change'. You remove your extension, and slide Pat's in. This is only for certain models though, and those are listed on his website.

/ Pats Easy Change with MF extending lower links-does it fit? #4  
Pat's newest craetion is 'slide in EZ change'. You remove your extension, and slide Pat's in. This is only for certain models though, and those are listed on his website.

I have the slide-ins that you mention on my M7040. The sliding feature is lost with them. Not sure if Pat's makes them anymore. You could call and find out in no time - they are very friendly and helpful.

Another option is to get the weld-on Pat's. Then cut off the balls on the slide-in (NO - NOT THAT:eek::eek:) and weld the Pat's in its place. That way you get both the slide-in and the Pat's...best of both worlds.

/ Pats Easy Change with MF extending lower links-does it fit? #5  
While they may be the best thing since sliced bread, I cant see the value of spending almost $200 to add Pats when you have the sliding extensions already. If you cant get your tractor's lift arm ball within 3" of the implement, you don't belong in the drivers seat.

/ Pats Easy Change with MF extending lower links-does it fit? #6  
While they may be the best thing since sliced bread, I cant see the value of spending almost $200 to add Pats when you have the sliding extensions already. If you cant get your tractor's lift arm ball within 3" of the implement, you don't belong in the drivers seat.

Pretty harsh for a Sunday. A smiley icon at the end might have been appropriate.

Anyway, often the implement is not level with the tractor. If you don't have a T&T then the Pat's will hook up one side and then a little more lift will hook the other side. Extendable arms do not have this feature and will lead to wrangling with the vertical lift arms until things are lined up.

The lower arms have to be spread wide enough to go over the lift pins. That means there will be slop in the implement until the check system is tightened (for an implement that is wanted tight). With Pat's that adjustment is already made from the last time.

If your last implement was tight then the check system has to be loosened to get the lower arms disconnected from the pins. With Pat's a lever is lifted and the arms lowered to clear underneath.

The balls are often hard to slide on the pins and need lubed. Another trip to the barn for WD-40. Not so with the Pat's.

The lower arms can be hooked up from the seat with no further effort. Yes, the top link has to be hooked up from the ground.

Is this all worth $200? It is an opinion. An opinion that should be made after actually using the Pat's system. Of course, then it is too late because the commitment has been made. Some extenuating factors include age, disabilities, back condition, patience, ADD, ADHD, and there are probably others.

Last edited:
   / Pats Easy Change with MF extending lower links-does it fit?
Gary Fowler said:

Right, so basically you can't answer the question. Thanks.

The issue with extendable links is unlevel implements and disconnection. With pats, it is a lever. With extendable links, you have them in a bind and they don't extend until you basically remove the loading.

You back up, and lift up. No extendable link will ever be "that" simple or convenient on hookup, and that leaves aside the issue of unhooking. I'm just looking for someone who knows the answer -- I have no interest in weld-on modifications.

/ Pats Easy Change with MF extending lower links-does it fit? #8  
I doubt anyone will have the exact tractor you have, so your best bet is to call PATS, I have spoken with them and they are great to deal with. I bought a set that replaced the extendable links on my Kubota L5030 replaced by a L5740 and prefer the extendable links so I took them off. I may or may not put them on my new tractor as with the hydraulic side link and extendable lower links hooking up to a piece of equipment is really easy as is.

/ Pats Easy Change with MF extending lower links-does it fit?
TripleR said:
I doubt anyone will have the exact tractor you have, so your best bet is to call PATS, I have spoken with them and they are great to deal with. I bought a set that replaced the extendable links on my Kubota L5030 replaced by a L5740 and prefer the extendable links so I took them off. I may or may not put them on my new tractor as with the hydraulic side link and extendable lower links hooking up to a piece of equipment is really easy as is.

Thank you. I will take your and others advice and give them a call.