How many people own more than one brand of tractor

/ How many people own more than one brand of tractor #11  
I have 4. Kioti DS4510, Ford 8N, and a Jubilee/53 NAA and a Power King 1614 w/mower and front blade.

/ How many people own more than one brand of tractor #12  
Good Gord MBTRAC! :shocked:

Yep -that's about my sentiments when I see our annual fuel bill ...............

Guess we run a few more tractors than most; consider a lot of the old "clunkers" we've had since new so they owe us nothing, some may only be pulled out of the sheds every second year or so as a standby for seasonal "bumper" harvests/seasons or as cheap "insurance" when the newer gear breaksdown........& we are awaiting parts....or it just makes economic sense to keep a specific operation low cost with a fully depeciated "clunker" than a AUD$300K+ techno toy.
We plan to always rake up big/the most hours on select newer gear which is transported from farm to farm, the enables much higher than average utilisation for regular updating to the latest & greatest(??) to keep pace with seasonal changes/opportunity in our farming operations, so there's usually 5 or more tractors replaced each year - for example the McCormick & the Landini's purchased in 2011 will be replaced this year (with 3x Daedong's & probably 2x Deutz's), as will the (broadacre) 2006 Case STX530 & 2009 NH T8050 for two large hp row crop machines.....& we also schedule rebuilds on our older gear to keep them reliable.so we need a few "clunkers" around.....for practical (& sentimental) reasons.(+with no ECU's/computers they're a piece of cake to work on & to wind up the hp :D easily ..)

/ How many people own more than one brand of tractor #13  
A Kioti for the big work and a JD for the lawn work

James K0UA

/ How many people own more than one brand of tractor #14  
I have a kubota L3400 hst with a loader and a 5083E with a loader. The kubota does the daily chores and the john deere gets the heavy work (round and square bale moving) brush hogging (10') Pulling vehicles out. I love doing little jobs with the HST though, boy is that nice not having to throw gears.

I gotta lean towards the cab though. This is my first cabbed machine with A/C and boy is that nice when its 90* out!

/ How many people own more than one brand of tractor #15  
Case, John Deere, Ford, Kubota, Massey Ferguson and my brother owns a new Kioti I like. I mostly run Kubota now as they are the ones with cabs and really don't have a favorite, different size for different things.

Fortunately or unfortunately I find I pretty much like them all and even though I doubt I will buy another I find myself driving through all the dealer lots from time to time.

/ How many people own more than one brand of tractor #16  
I have a Kubota MX5100F and a Farmall 140 (was FIL's). My BIL keeps the Massey Ferguson 135 (was FIL's) and he has a Kubota m5700 4wd. He lives around the corner and we share equipment as needed.

My favorite is the 1962 Farmall. It is a workhorse but is the ideal garden tractor. Gardening is about all this machine does other than occasionally pulling a cultipacker. I am afraid it needs a head gasket but am sure it will be well worth the fix. My second favorite is the MX5100. It compliments the Farmall well.

The 135 is a great tractor. Since 1972 it has been restored twice - it still is a working tractor mostly for teddering and raking hay.

The M5700 is a good machine for its purposes - mostly baling hay and loader work cleaning the feed barn.

/ How many people own more than one brand of tractor #17  
Kubota L4240 HSTC and John Deere lawn mowers:like both for their uses.

/ How many people own more than one brand of tractor #18  
2 John deere and a wheel horse

/ How many people own more than one brand of tractor #19  
I used to be color blind, right now I have 2 Deere's. Here is what I have had over the past few years:

Tractors:
1st tractor: Yanmar YM169D (16 hp, if I ever get the chance to get another Yanmar I will, they are awesome tractors)(sold)
2nd tractor: Simplicity 9518 (18 hp, it was a project that ended up getting to expensive so it was sold)

Skid Steer:
1st skid steer: Deere 317 (61 net hp, with counter weight kit it is rated to lift 2100 lbs :D)(this is my current machine)

Riding Mowers:
1st riding mower: Allis Chalmers 712 (I think)(scrapped)
2nd riding mower: John Deere L118 (current machine)
3rd riding mower: Allis Chalmers 610 (dropped a new engine in it, sold)
4th riding mower: Simplicity 738 (sold with the 610)
5th riding mower: Simplicity 5008 (parted out, sold parts with the 610)
6th riding mower: Craftsman 917.270780 (fixed up and sold)
7th riding mower: Sears 10/30 (scrapped)
8th riding mower: Simplicity 6108 (sold)

For being a 17 year old kid I have had quite a bit of machinery so far. :laughing: ;)

/ How many people own more than one brand of tractor #20  
I have a Kubota L4610 and a John Deere 410 backhoe. Certainly two different machines. There is nothing about either one that makes it good or bad from a design standpoint. From a personal preference standpoint though, I don't like the HST pedal on the Kubota, but that is purely personal opinion.

I'm very happy with both. I'd like my next tractor to be a Case 75C (identical to the New Holland T4.75). I'm the opposite of color blind, I don't like having two of the same makes, not just in tractors/machinery but also other things.