How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #11  
I too rode along with dad on the fender tractors (and some without). Some people can't handle riding on the drawbar or hanging on to dad's arm going across the field. My old man had common sense and I knew better than to let go. My son will do the same when he gets big enough. (momma already said there needs to be a cab for the early years though)

It went a long way and gave me a head start on lifes lessons and having some common sense on what to do in situations on the farm. I'm not sure who would have picked dad up in the bucket to cut limbs in the field if I wasn't there?

Right, wrong, unsafe, ignorant,child endangerment? To some it may be, but growing up on a farm and around equipment sure does make a kid aware of what's going on around him. Given the choice I would do it again.

With a cab tractor & a buddy seat, I wouldn't give another thought. I already tried to clip the car seat in mine this winter. It was just too cramped.

As said, common sense is key. There's a reason why all compacts have seat safety switches, riding mowers don't mow in reverse and McDonald's coffee cups have to tell you the contents is "HOT".

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #12  
I make me 7 year old ride on the pto shaft guard while brushhogging so he can adjust the top link when I need it adjusted. I don't know about you guys but my machine is new and has a fancy guard that doubles as a seat.

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #13  
I make me 7 year old ride on the pto shaft guard while brushhogging so he can adjust the top link when I need it adjusted. I don't know about you guys but my machine is new and has a fancy guard that doubles as a seat.

:laughing:

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #14  
:eek::stirthepot:

Kinda makes me wish I had a little kid to help me out...now that my girls are teenagers, they wouldn't fit on the pto guard...maybe I can fabricate a seat on the bush hog itself.

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #15  

Their little hands are great for taking off the shaft also, though they are not always quick enough to grab it while spinning.:laughing::eek:

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #16  
Regardless of the seating accommodations, kids can be quite distracting, and the last thing an equipment operator needs is distractions. My feelings about kids on equipment are simple... NO WAY.

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #17  
As many others have also said, a lot of my early childhood was spent riding a tractor (both Cab and ROPS) and the transition from riding to operating didn't take long around our farm. The things my dad and grandfather taught me in those early years have served me well. When my two boys came along I could not wait to take them with me. I use to stuff a few pillows down between the back of the seat and the back glass and put one on either side and they would ride for hours. When they were little it usually didn't take long before they were asleep.

As they got older I used this quality time to start teaching them the right and wrong way to do things…. Here's the right way to unstop the baler, watch out when hooking up to this piece of equipment, here's what to watch for when on the highway. I always tried to point things out and explain to them what could happen in addition to just telling them not to do it that way. I also believe starting them out early helps to teach them the value of hard work and the satisfaction of getting the job done, which is just as important as teaching them to be safe in my opinion.

So I say ride them. Some of the best times we had were in the cab of a tractor or a combine. Enjoy the quality time when they are little but as they get older use the time to teach them right from wrong. My boys are not little anymore and I still worry sometimes about what could happen but at least I know that I have taught them well and they know what to do. I’m expecting my first grandchild in July and you can bet that papa will have him on a tractor soon.

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #19  
Bad enough the wife tells me what to do, don't need no 5 year old doing the same.:eek:

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #20  
ht8mcl.jpg