Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79
  1. #21
    Platinum Member Buckgnarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    528
    Location
    West topsham VT
    Tractor
    Kioti DS3510

    Default Re: How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?

    Quote Originally Posted by chin View Post


    Hey, that kid on the cycle has no helmet on!!!!

  2. #22
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,311

    Default Re: How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?

    Quote Originally Posted by jpm1 View Post
    Im 53 years old born in October, and i have been on a tractor with my dad since i was 2 months old. Dad had an old 39 Farmall H and a Farmall C, both with narrow front ends. I went everywhere and did everything with dad. Nothing ever happened to me because i had a dad who had Common Sense. As Roush9799 said, "If eveyone would just use some common sense, there should be no problem with a passenger.The problem with todays society, there are a lot of people out there that don't think things thru before acting on it. If it's not written in black and white, they can't think it up on themselves"
    As years went on dad and i rode together all the time and as tractors got newer, fenders and buckets made better seats as we worked the fields. If i had to do all over again i would want it just the same, and because of my dad's actions with me, i am the way i am, a tractor lover, with way over 200,000 hours of safe operation under my belt. Thanks Dad, i sure do miss you!
    Let's see if my math is correct...

    200000 hrs divided by 53 years equals 3773.58 hours per year. If I take 3773.58 and divide by 365 days per year, that equals 10.338 hrs per day, every day, 7days a week, 52 weeks a year, starting when you were born.

    I must have made a math error or you have a typo, I didn't even use "way over" in my calculations.

    In any case, you have many hours of safer operation under your belt, not disagreeing there. I agree with you and would add, common sense and personal responsibility. I hear too many adults saying "not my fault" instead of owning up and taking responsibility for their actions...
    2007 Kubota L3130, LA723 FEL
    Land Pride FDR1672 rear finish mower, Frontier RB1172, Koyker KB60 BH
    Pallet forks, Golf cart canopy bolted to ROPS, 9" & 12" PHD

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    101
    Location
    east coast
    Tractor
    2012 JD 3720 deluxe cab

    Default Re: How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye08 View Post
    Let's see if my math is correct...

    200000 hrs divided by 53 years equals 3773.58 hours per year. If I take 3773.58 and divide by 365 days per year, that equals 10.338 hrs per day, every day, 7days a week, 52 weeks a year, starting when you were born.

    I must have made a math error or you have a typo, I didn't even use "way over" in my calculations.

    In any case, you have many hours of safer operation under your belt, not disagreeing there. I agree with you and would add, common sense and personal responsibility. I hear too many adults saying "not my fault" instead of owning up and taking responsibility for their actions...
    yeah but he was born in "October" that supersedes anything hahahaha. Randomly throws in born in October sheesh

  4. #24
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,436
    Location
    Yanceyville, North Carolina
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

    Default Re: How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?

    Be advised that I have never operated a Tractor with a Cab. I am unaware of the space restrictions, although I would think that some Cabs are more spacious than others. If there is enough room and an additional "Buddy Seat" with Seatbelt is available, and no restrictions are placed on the Operator regarding the Safe and Conductive operation of the Tractor and Equipment, I am ALL FOR IT. The younger occupant would have more protection than riding in an open Tractor, and it would provide a great learning experience for the younger passenger. This will, definitely, provide a safer environment for the passenger, and create a chance to spend "Quality Time" with each other. Just my thoughts. Thanks for posting.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    101
    Location
    east coast
    Tractor
    2012 JD 3720 deluxe cab

    Default Re: How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?

    Quote Originally Posted by creekbend View Post
    Be advised that I have never operated a Tractor with a Cab. I am unaware of the space restrictions, although I would think that some Cabs are more spacious than others. If there is enough room and an additional "Buddy Seat" with Seatbelt is available, and no restrictions are placed on the Operator regarding the Safe and Conductive operation of the Tractor and Equipment, I am ALL FOR IT. The younger occupant would have more protection than riding in an open Tractor, and it would provide a great learning experience for the younger passenger. This will, definitely, provide a safer environment for the passenger, and create a chance to spend "Quality Time" with each other. Just my thoughts. Thanks for posting.
    whats all the talk about "buddy" seat? They have always been called "trainer" seats. Is this a tractorbynet thing? Its not just you, I see others using this terminology as well. Just curious cause it sounds kinda brokeback mountainish. I don't think they designed it to have one of you buds in there hahaah

  6. #26
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,311

    Default Re: How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?

    Quote Originally Posted by creekbend View Post
    Be advised that I have never operated a Tractor with a Cab. I am unaware of the space restrictions, although I would think that some Cabs are more spacious than others. If there is enough room and an additional "Buddy Seat" with Seatbelt is available, and no restrictions are placed on the Operator regarding the Safe and Conductive operation of the Tractor and Equipment, I am ALL FOR IT. The younger occupant would have more protection than riding in an open Tractor, and it would provide a great learning experience for the younger passenger. This will, definitely, provide a safer environment for the passenger, and create a chance to spend "Quality Time" with each other. Just my thoughts. Thanks for posting.
    Most of the tractor accidents with kids riding involve falling off or getting caught up in moving parts (my opinion, no independent study done)... with that said, an enclosed cab prevents a good share of that risk...
    2007 Kubota L3130, LA723 FEL
    Land Pride FDR1672 rear finish mower, Frontier RB1172, Koyker KB60 BH
    Pallet forks, Golf cart canopy bolted to ROPS, 9" & 12" PHD

  7. #27
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,391
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

    Default Re: How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?

    Maybe you can see the buddy seat in this picture, it is one of our renters', John Deere 8430 I believe and his 7000 Series has one also I think.

  8. #28
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,436
    Location
    Yanceyville, North Carolina
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

    Default Re: How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?

    Quote Originally Posted by chin View Post
    whats all the talk about "buddy" seat? They have always been called "trainer" seats. Is this a tractorbynet thing? Its not just you, I see others using this terminology as well. Just curious cause it sounds kinda brokeback mountainish. I don't think they designed it to have one of you buds in there hahaah
    There are many different areas of this Country where certain words have different connotaions depending on the Region. I was raised in the Mountains and we called a paper bag a "Poke". I was in Baltimore once and ordered a "Sub". In Baltimore, they were called "Creasers". The lady asked me what I wanted it put in and I replied "A Poke". My cousin then told me that "A POke" meant a "Bag of Pot". Some people call a Crayfish a "Crawdad". There are many more examples of words having different meanings in different regions. One word that I have found that remains consistenly the same throughout this Country is: Most everyone knows what you are talking about when you mention a "BOOGER"- the kind that one picks out of their nose.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

  9. #29
    Elite Member Piston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,759
    Location
    Central MA, Lakes Region NH
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

    Default Re: How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?

    There are some pretty entertaining reply's on here I like the comments about my avatar the most

    I think "buddy" seat might be more of a TBN thing??? Not sure, however, it's not actually called a "trainer" seat either, according to the manufacturers it's an "instructor" seat, as if that makes any difference

    I always think of it as a "buddy" seat because I want to use it to take my little buddy around with me, meaning my son.

    Also, the whole idea of not having a kid on a tractor without a cab due to the danger of falling off, combined with the fact that children seem to LOVE heavy equipment, is a pretty easy sell on convincing the wife it's almost time for a cab tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

  10. #30
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,972
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chin View Post
    yeah but he was born in "October" that supersedes anything hahahaha. Randomly throws in born in October sheesh
    I think folks need to lighten up a tad here. It was a touching story. No need to run the guy into the ground.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Children seat??????
    By Porkie in forum Mahindra Owning/Operating
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 07:47 PM
  2. Buying Advice buddy seat
    By Caseih728 in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 04:48 PM
  3. Buddy Seat for 4720
    By P&YHNTR in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 05:10 PM
  4. Buddy Seat
    By P&YHNTR in forum Customization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 11:12 PM
  5. buddy seat or instructional seats in a compact tractor cab
    By bkruszka in forum Owning/Operating
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 07:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.