Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B9200 HSTD and Allis 720

Default Re: How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?

I have to ask what is the difference between a child strapped in a vehicle doing 80 mph down a crowded freeway and a child riding on the tractor's banker seat.

Elite Member Redneck in training's Avatar
    Tractor
    TYM 330 HST with FEL

Default Re: How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?

Quote Originally Posted by npalen View Post
    I have to ask what is the difference between a child strapped in a vehicle doing 80 mph down a crowded freeway and a child riding on the tractor's banker seat.
    There is a big difference. Tractor is safer.

Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck in training View Post
    There is a big difference. Tractor is safer.
    Given the amount of drunks and idiots on the road that you cant account for..absoluteley......that is a very good answer..

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Quote Originally Posted by D7E View Post

Given the amount of drunks and idiots on the road that you cant account for..absoluteley......that is a very good answer..
    It would be interesting to gather some apples to apples data comparing them. Supposedly, farming is the 2nd most dangerous occupation (after lobster fisherman up in the Bearing Sea), but I don't know if that is injuries and deaths or just deaths. But comparison of how many deaths per hour driven vs deaths per mile or something like that. The whole gun control thing is a similar comparison. Seems that we aughtta be banning cars pretty soon.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Tractor
    Several

Quote Originally Posted by chin View Post
    I make me 7 year old ride on the pto shaft guard while brushhogging so he can adjust the top link when I need it adjusted. I don't know about you guys but my machine is new and has a fancy guard that doubles as a seat.
    Way cheaper than those fangled hydraulic top links.

Cab w/ belt? Sure. What are smallest tractors w buddy.....oops, instructional, seat?

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Stocklin View Post
    Way cheaper than those fangled hydraulic top links.

Cab w/ belt? Sure. What are smallest tractors w buddy.....oops, instructional, seat?
    Think the NH powerstar 4.75...

Tractor
    05' JD 790 - 49' Ford 8n - 53' Ford NAA - 70' Massey Fergusen 135 diesel - 1950 John Deere MC - 1992 Thomas T-83 skid steer

My daughters both rode hours in a car seat strapped to the fender of a tractor. I hade up a little bracket and strapped the car seat down and in they would go. We worked hours on end like that. It is amazing there is anyone left alive after all the dangerous stuff we did back when.
    check us out at www.tessiersfarm.com

Tractor
    1958 Ford 961 Powermaster

I spent hours as a kid riding in the bucket of my dad's tractor (I know, the humanity, he would be crucified now for even considering letting me in the bucket) and when I got tired of the bucket I was on the fender holding onto his shoulder. I don't really see anything unsafe about an instructional seat with a seat belt.
    Kubota L5240 with loader and backhoe

1958 Ford 961 Powermaster LP

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Quote Originally Posted by wmonroe View Post
    I spent hours as a kid riding in the bucket of my dad's tractor I don't really see anything unsafe about an instructional seat with a seat belt.
    My dad had built his own cab and I spent hours in the bucket. Lunch bucket holder, that is. So my butt held me up plowing, disking, and cultivating all on a block of wood cut to fit a 5 x10 inch angle iron rectangle.

Tractor
    Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA

We used to get in the grain wagons as the combine was filling them. We'd try to see how much of our bodies we could get buried in corn or beans, sometimes we'd be buried up to our necks. Our ages ranged from 6 or so up to 13. There were a few times I remember when one of us would fall down to the bottom and the other kids would have to same him. LOL What were we thinking and what was the neighbor running the combine thinking?

The only farmer's kid that died from an accident in our area that I can think of was a boy about 12 or 13 driving his father's pickup by himself on a gravel road. He lost control and rolled it.
    L3710 HST/LA681FEL/6ftRM/6ft Woods aerator/6ft Woods Box Scraper/roller/speader/posthole digger

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast