DIY bucket indicator

/ DIY bucket indicator #1  

coldstream

I saw a photo of what I think is a home made bucket angle indicator over on the bucket hook thread (chim's photo of his slotted chain plates). I sure would like to have a rod-in-tube indicator because the kubota provided "indicator" is a joke. I have a B2920, LA364 FEL. Can anyone provide some design details, particularly the location of the bottom sliding rod mount?

/ DIY bucket indicator #3  
Hope you can work this out to your satisfaction.

I must say that seat time and practice will overcome this issue. It is like typing, the more you type the less you look at the keyboard. Since the ground varies the bucket angle also varies, just being level with the machine is not good enough.

/ DIY bucket indicator #4  
Having just parted company with a B7500 that I spent 10 years operating, being familiar with operating a loader wasn't the problem. Perhaps being familiar with this particular loader was a contributing factor. The new L3200 has a slightly different loader with a different shape and being the economy model lacks the little piece of angle with the "LEVEL" sticker tha B7500 had.

For general loader usage, I haven't paid much attention to the indicator. For shaving the topsoil last Summer it was a real necessity. The operation was to first get a flat (but sloped) starting point. Wiith the tractor starting on that pad of dirt and the bucket starting out dead parallel with the pad I could creep forward making teensy FEL adjustments that allowed the bucket to shave a smooth path for the tractor to follow.

Last edited:
   / DIY bucket indicator #5  
chim,
I can see that, gotta do what works best in each scenario.

/ DIY bucket indicator #6  
Maybe you could modify what I did to fit your Kubota.:D On my Massey GC2400, I made a marker to make it easier for me to know when my bucket is level on the ground. I welded a washer to a bolt and install to pin that holds the bucket cyl on.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Welded a 1/4" rod 40" long to a piece of 1/2" tubing and drilled a mounting hole in it and drilled a hole in the bucket to mount it. Needed to put a small bend in rod to make clearance when the bucket moves.

Leveled the bucket and mark where the rod meet the washer, I then put a small groove in the rod so when the bucket is level the groove slips into the washer.