Best way to get rid of stumps?

/ Best way to get rid of stumps? #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Give me that man's phone number... I'll pay him double! )</font>
john no sense in getting his phone no. at that price he won't be around long.

/ Best way to get rid of stumps? #22  
At that kind of price I don't think you could ever afford to own one yourself if you put any kind of value on your time.

/ Best way to get rid of stumps? #23  
<font color="blue"> at that price he won't be around long </font>

So long as he's around long enough to do yours, right John? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, sometimes those guys last longer than you think. I've got one heavy duty tow company I use and they are always WAY under anyone else. They're in a town about 25 miles from here and I've even had them come here to do local tows for me on a semi tractor. I remember the first time I asked how much it would be and was told if I could wait until tomorrow when they were in town for something else it'd be $40, but if I wanted it yet that day it'd be $50 because of the special trip. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I still shake my head at how any tow & recovery company makes money but this one truly astounds me. The more amazing thing is they've been around for years and years (this is at least second generation, I found out) while more than a couple of the high dollar guys have come and gone. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I don't know how they do it, but I guess I don't really care, either. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Best way to get rid of stumps? #26  
<font color="blue">( 50 or more only $5.00 each ) </font>

Hi Steve...

Utterly... unbelievable!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Best way to get rid of stumps? #27  
Yeah Jerry, that's about the going rate here too.

/ Best way to get rid of stumps? #28  
I have had about 100 stumps ground from two different people. Both had tractor (PTO) mounted grinders. The first guy had a grinder with a large wheel that cut on the side. He placed the wheel on the other side of the stump, started it spinning, and hydraulics pulled it towards the tractor and thru the stump. Most stumps where gone in a minute or less. If it was a high stump he made two passes. $5/stump $150 minimum. The second guys grinder was a hugh drum that he got spinning and set directly on top of the stump. Most stumps where gone in 30 seconds. He charged $6/stump with $100 minimum. Both grinders where mean machines, the drum grinder was the meanest. Don't remember the brands but it was impressive to watch (from a distance) with chips flying everywhere. Both where making in excess of $100/hour according to my calculations.

/ Best way to get rid of stumps? #29  
It sounds like the south central part of the country is the place to be if you want stumps ground. On the other hand, it sounds like if you want to make a lot of money grind stumps that you want to be any where <font color="red">but</font> the south central part of the country. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Best way to get rid of stumps? #30  
I think I could live on $100 an hour /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif