John Deere X320 -- best blade to mulch and use powerflow bagger

/ John Deere X320 -- best blade to mulch and use powerflow bagger #1  

Matt White

Tractor
John Deere X320
New to this forum. I am about to purchase a JD X320. I want to mulch half the time and use the powerflow bagger the other half. I don't want to get the mulching kit/baffles and then have to remove the deck and baffles when I want to bag. So, would using the JD mulching blades (without the baffles, but with the plug assuming they sell one) work to mulch, and then hook up the powerflow bagger to bag (using the same mulching blades) work? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

/ John Deere X320 -- best blade to mulch and use powerflow bagger #2  
You can use the mulching blades with mixed results if you don't wan't to bother with the plug. I would try it with the standard blades first and see what you think and should add that is what is recommended with the powerflow unit.

/ John Deere X320 -- best blade to mulch and use powerflow bagger
You can use the mulching blades with mixed results if you don't wan't to bother with the plug. I would try it with the standard blades first and see what you think and should add that is what is recommended with the powerflow unit.

Okay, thanks. My old 1999 Craftsman 15.5/42 had mulching blades and I could switch from mulching with the plug to bagging in minutes. It seems like JD should/would have a configuration to do the same on the 48" deck. Thanks.

/ John Deere X320 -- best blade to mulch and use powerflow bagger #4  
I use gator blades on my x304 with the multch plug and for bagging. I really like them better than the Deere multcher blades. I would suggest those or the standard blades that came with the deck if you are always bagging. Keep in mind that no blade is really going to multch with a power bagger attached.

/ John Deere X320 -- best blade to mulch and use powerflow bagger
I use gator blades on my x304 with the multch plug and for bagging. I really like them better than the Deere multcher blades. I would suggest those or the standard blades that came with the deck if you are always bagging. Keep in mind that no blade is really going to multch with a power bagger attached.

I will get a set of gator blades, thanks for your advice.