Tires Things not to do with a shovel

/ Things not to do with a shovel #1  

fireman022

32 hours on the new toy and guess what,

I was moving a bunch a large lavender plants into a new bed, grab the shovel and put it on the ballast box.

As you drive over a bumpy field the shovel has a tendancy to crawl forward and rest on the inner rim of the rear tire.
A shovel blade is stronger than a tire valve stem, and shears the valve stem clean off! :eek:

This now results in a steady stream of rimguard spraying everywhere!

Time to call the local tire guys who were here when they said they would be, and gave me a great suggestion,
next time roll the tire stem to the top of the tire, and at least keep the rimguard in the tire.

There will not be a next time. Lesson learned, proper tool carrier being made for the toy.

Had to share my stupid mistake, just glad it wasn't a hydraulic line or the tire sidewall.

Hope someone else reads this and learns the easy way.:thumbsup:

/ Things not to do with a shovel #2  
Yuck! What a mess! At least it was just a valve stem and some Rimguard, and not something more expensive... AND nobody got hurt.

Joe

/ Things not to do with a shovel #3  
Sincerely sorry about your misfortune. Your post will aid as a reminder that accidents and mishaps can occur when least expected.

/ Things not to do with a shovel #4  
you'll only need to learn that lesson once. I think you'll remember where to carry your shovel and how to position your tire if it ever happens again. Experience comes from mistakes made.

/ Things not to do with a shovel #5  
count your blessings its not cacl stuff going all over the yard. its better with beet juice all over.

/ Things not to do with a shovel #6  
Filling ruts. Got a bucket load of dirt. Throw shovel in bucket. Drive to rut, fill, drive to next rut.
Hit a bump, shovel bounces out, tractor runs over shovel. Only damage, broken shovel handle.

/ Things not to do with a shovel #7  
I found out years ago that my hand does not fit around the handle on a shovel so I try never to pick one up!!!!LOL:D