Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nova Scotia
    Kubota L3400DT

Default Re: Does the JD 3320 weigh too much to mow over septic tank and lines

Not something I'd want to take a chance on personally, septic systems are too expensive to begin with without damaging one if you can avoid it at all. We use a Craftsman ride-on mower for our entire lawn, although I have driven the L3400 over the area where the line runs from the tank to the leach field when the ground is frozen without worrying about it.

NE Illinois

Default Re: Does the JD 3320 weigh too much to mow over septic tank and lines

I've driven my JD 3320 over my septic field since I bought it. We had put patio blocks over the drop box lids to prevent a horse hoof from dropping through if accidentally walked over it (we avoid that), so I avoid driving a wheel over the blocks/drop box lids. Been doing it since 2006 with no issues.

I won't speak to driving over the septic tank. I can understand the bigger risks with that. My advice would be to have a local septic system installer come look at your system and give their recommendations.
    JD 3320; 300CX FEL; Pat's Easy Change; JD 60" 7-Iron MMM; Frontier MS1105G ground-driven manure spreader; Worksaver UB-745 7' rear blade, Land Pride broadcast spreader, Flexpoint hitch receiver, Titan ( 42" pallet forks w/ spears ... and a little JD 125 for the dear wife

Silver Member
    Plymouth, mn
    None yet

Plastic or concrete tanks? I know from personal experience that my 7000 lb truck will collapse a plastic tank cover when I drove over it. I'd be less worried about a concrete tank.

For the drain field, compaction is bad. Will your destroy it with one pass--probably not. Is it good for it to drive over it regularly with a heavy tractor, no.

The official answer is stay off your septic with heavy equipment. The question is what is "heavy" . In any case stay off it as much as you can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12