Does the JD 3320 weigh too much to mow over septic tank and lines

/ Does the JD 3320 weigh too much to mow over septic tank and lines #11  
Not something I'd want to take a chance on personally, septic systems are too expensive to begin with without damaging one if you can avoid it at all. We use a Craftsman ride-on mower for our entire lawn, although I have driven the L3400 over the area where the line runs from the tank to the leach field when the ground is frozen without worrying about it.

Sean

/ Does the JD 3320 weigh too much to mow over septic tank and lines #12  
I've driven my JD 3320 over my septic field since I bought it. We had put patio blocks over the drop box lids to prevent a horse hoof from dropping through if accidentally walked over it (we avoid that), so I avoid driving a wheel over the blocks/drop box lids. Been doing it since 2006 with no issues.

I won't speak to driving over the septic tank. I can understand the bigger risks with that. My advice would be to have a local septic system installer come look at your system and give their recommendations.

/ Does the JD 3320 weigh too much to mow over septic tank and lines #13  
Plastic or concrete tanks? I know from personal experience that my 7000 lb truck will collapse a plastic tank cover when I drove over it. I'd be less worried about a concrete tank.

For the drain field, compaction is bad. Will your destroy it with one pass--probably not. Is it good for it to drive over it regularly with a heavy tractor, no.

The official answer is stay off your septic with heavy equipment. The question is what is "heavy" :). In any case stay off it as much as you can.