Tilt Meter working

/ Tilt Meter working #1  

pruntyc

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4110 HST
Good news we have a tilt meter working for my tractor now. Rick came up with a new oil, that works, we are still testing some other things, he sent for me to try. but if they don't work, at least one is working. Another one looks promising, but still have to do some more testing, with some minor changes. But it looks like it may work also. I thought you guys would want to know, as we posted it not working and that we were working on it. Now maybe he can have 100% working for everyone all the time. Well, really I have faith that it will workout for all his sales.

/ Tilt Meter working #2  
Thats great Dick,
I figured Rick would try his best to get to the bottom of it. Now, if you'd just send him your tractor to be a guinea pig for a few years........... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just teasing

/ Tilt Meter working
Hi Jerry, well, really I am doing something like that. I told him, I will be will to keep trying anything he comes up with to test it for him. So that way I get to keep my tractor to use and he still gets to use it. I'm from southern Ohio, originally.

/ Tilt Meter working #4  
Nice when the manufacturer stands behind his product to the bitter end. Which in this case finally turned out pretty sweet.

/ Tilt Meter working #5  
Hi Guys,
Just a note to let you know that we have fixed the problem
of a tiltmeter occasionally sticking, and what we tried.
Grounding did not work. Static caused the sticking because
the ball would spin inside the tube at certain RPMs, on a few
tractors. Sorbothane vibration absorption pads helped, but
still had hesitation in one meter. Experimented with new
slightly thicker oils, and this eliminated the problem. The
thicker oil slowed down or in some cases eliminated the spin.
The ball moves slightly slower, but not enough to be any
kind of problem. Test results show the ball will go from 0 to
20 degrees in approximately 1 second. If anyone has ANY
kind of problem with any of my meters, please let me know.
It will be taken care of. Thanks to all you guys for your ideas,
comments, testing, and support. Rick /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tilt Meter working #6  
Rick,
That's great. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifI bet that with the slower response time for the ball, the tilt meter will be more usable. I say that because, when mowing across slopes that are 15-20%, the original ball was erratic enough that I would have to stop to get a good reading from either meter. I am glad that you finely got the strange problem solved. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's amazing how big a pain such a small problem can be to solve sometimes.

/ Tilt Meter working #7  
I installed my tilt meter Saturday and had the same sticking ball problem. I e-mailed Rick. He said I was only the 4th out of over 3000 shipped to report a problem. Within an hour I received an e-mail saying my replacement had been shipped. That's customer service. Thanks, Rick. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Mine did work long enough to confirm my pucker factor calibration. My worst slope which tests the limits of my pucker factor turned out to be 20 degrees.