Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1
    Location
    Hawkchurch, UK
    Tractor
    MF135 & Kubota B2530

    Default MF135 REAR WHEEL REMOVAL

    Has anyone got any tricks of the trade to remove the rear wheels of my MF135. The nuts have been loosened off, it's just a matter of manhandling the wheel and getting it back on

  2. #2
    Super Member flusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    7,142
    Location
    Sacramento
    Tractor
    Getting old. Sold the ranch. Sold the tractors. Moved back to the city.

    Default Re: MF135 REAR WHEEL REMOVAL

    Quote Originally Posted by cndh View Post
    Has anyone got any tricks of the trade to remove the rear wheels of my MF135. The nuts have been loosened off, it's just a matter of manhandling the wheel and getting it back on
    That's one way--you and a friend and a bit of grunt work.
    I prefer an easier way. I use my 1-ton gantry crane with chain hoist since I work alone.

    MF135 REAR WHEEL REMOVAL-mm-bf-rear-tire-gantry

    It's hard enough for me to roll one of those rear wheels around the shop. Getting them reinstalled
    without that gantry would be hazardous to my health.

    BTW: that's the rear end of a 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor that I'm restoring.

    Good luck.

  3. #3
    Super Member scott_vt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,102
    Location
    east wells,vt
    Tractor
    1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A

    Default Re: MF135 REAR WHEEL REMOVAL

    GoodMornin Ray,
    Gee that gantry crane looks very nifty !!!

    Did you get it through Northern, and how much was it if you domt mind me asking ?

    I can see how handy that would be for similar jobs, or splitting tractor etc...
    scotty

    ,,,course,,it is gas,and gas is,,well,gas,,so,,but it kills the @#$$ oughta them yellow jackets,,,thingy

    http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...onth-scott_vt/

  4. #4
    Silver Member rayclar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    203
    Location
    prince township , ontario, canada
    Tractor
    kubota 4310hstc

    Default Re: MF135 REAR WHEEL REMOVAL

    when i mounted my r1s on mine i just jacked the tractor to the proper wheel height and wiggled them on. They were heavy as they where loaded but i managed it by myself.

  5. #5
    Super Member Gary Fowler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,520
    Location
    Bismarck Arkansas
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

    Default Re: MF135 REAR WHEEL REMOVAL

    There isn't much trick or tips to moving those big tires , just lots of muscle and balance. The only trick is to get the jack height perfect so it slides off by walking the tire back and forth to drop it off the lug bolts and then try not to let it get out of balance. If you start to loose it, just let it fall and get out of the way. A gantry crane would be nice but I have moved them by my self even in the dirt with loaded 18.4x38 tires off our 9000 Ford back when I was a young man. It had dual tires that we put on in the fall for disking and took off in the spring for planting and cultivating so it was a yearly thing to do so it became easier and easier. If they ever fell over, it took a boom pole to get them back up and some digging under to get a chain around the tire.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

  6. #6
    Super Member flusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    7,142
    Location
    Sacramento
    Tractor
    Getting old. Sold the ranch. Sold the tractors. Moved back to the city.

    Default Re: MF135 REAR WHEEL REMOVAL

    Quote Originally Posted by scott_vt View Post
    GoodMornin Ray,
    Gee that gantry crane looks very nifty !!!

    Did you get it through Northern, and how much was it if you domt mind me asking ?

    I can see how handy that would be for similar jobs, or splitting tractor etc...
    Harbor Freight

    Telescoping Gantry Crane - 1 Ton

    Chain Hoist - Low Sale Prices on this 1 Ton Chain Hoist

    I bought the gantry and the chain hoist about 5 years ago so it was somewhat less expensive.

    Good luck

  7. #7
    Super Member flusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    7,142
    Location
    Sacramento
    Tractor
    Getting old. Sold the ranch. Sold the tractors. Moved back to the city.

    Default Re: MF135 REAR WHEEL REMOVAL

    Here are the rears on my 1964 MF135 diesel.

    MF135 REAR WHEEL REMOVAL-ddil-mf135-jpg

    They are BF Goodrich 6 ply 18.4-16A tires (18" wide, 16" dia rim, 40" tall overall) and are loaded with water. My guess is that each weigh at least 350 lb loaded, probably more. Haven't had to remove/replace these yet, but that day may be coming.
    My 135 is a field tractor that's been modified to squat low for mowing/discing in the olive orchards around here. The front axle spindles have been shortened to keep the tractor level with that BFG rubber.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,177
    Location
    Up State S.C.
    Tractor
    AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs

    Default Re: MF135 REAR WHEEL REMOVAL

    Quote Originally Posted by flusher View Post
    Here are the rears on my 1964 MF135 diesel.

    MF135 REAR WHEEL REMOVAL-ddil-mf135-jpg

    They are BF Goodrich 6 ply 18.4-16A tires (18" wide, 16" dia rim, 40" tall overall) and are loaded with water. My guess is that each weigh at least 350 lb loaded, probably more. Haven't had to remove/replace these yet, but that day may be coming.
    My 135 is a field tractor that's been modified to squat low for mowing/discing in the olive orchards around here. The front axle spindles have been shortened to keep the tractor level with that BFG rubber.
    Do you remove the exhaust to go under the olive trees? I'm thinking about a horizontal exhaust for mine to work in the woods.

  9. #9
    Elite Member The kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,155
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Tractor
    1965 135 gasser, 1967 135 diesel

    Default Re: MF135 REAR WHEEL REMOVAL

    Quote Originally Posted by cndh View Post
    Has anyone got any tricks of the trade to remove the rear wheels of my MF135. The nuts have been loosened off, it's just a matter of manhandling the wheel and getting it back on
    Put some linoleum down on the floor or (if your on a smooth finished concrete floor) under each wheel. Jack and secure each axle side so the wheel touches the floor but can be rocked from side to side.. If you can't rock the wheel it needs to be jacked up just fraction more. The lugs must be centered on the drum holes with no pressure on the lugs. Since your dealing with filled tires, you should have a hefty helper to assist. You should be able to rock the tire in a Z pattern pushing at the center of each side. This rocking motion, you should be able to walk the rim from the drum. The tire has to touch the floor enough to walk it off the drum.

    Putting the tires back on is basically the same as removal. If the tire seems it needs to be a fraction higher, then roll on to some cardboard enough to get the correct height so the lugs are centered with the rim holes. This may take a while to rock the wheel in a Z pattern to finally match. Have your tranny and H/L in neutral to turn the drum to line up. if you get the top nut on, your on your way.

    Push come to shove, you could drain the tires and save the tire fluid afterwards, refill. -kid

  10. #10
    Super Member Gary Fowler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,520
    Location
    Bismarck Arkansas
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

    Default Re: MF135 REAR WHEEL REMOVAL

    Quote Originally Posted by The kid View Post
    Put some linoleum down on the floor or (if your on a smooth finished concrete floor) under each wheel. Jack and secure each axle side so the wheel touches the floor but can be rocked from side to side.. If you can't rock the wheel it needs to be jacked up just fraction more. The lugs must be centered on the drum holes with no pressure on the lugs. Since your dealing with filled tires, you should have a hefty helper to assist. You should be able to rock the tire in a Z pattern pushing at the center of each side. This rocking motion, you should be able to walk the rim from the drum. The tire has to touch the floor enough to walk it off the drum.

    Putting the tires back on is basically the same as removal. If the tire seems it needs to be a fraction higher, then roll on to some cardboard enough to get the correct height so the lugs are centered with the rim holes. This may take a while to rock the wheel in a Z pattern to finally match. Have your tranny and H/L in neutral to turn the drum to line up. if you get the top nut on, your on your way.

    Push come to shove, you could drain the tires and save the tire fluid afterwards, refill. -kid
    I always just use a hydraulic jack so I can easily raise or lower the tractor to the exact height. This is a good time to have a helper to look at the holes to get the alignment perfect rather than pump, check, pump, check etc.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rear wheel Removal 1965 IH 656
    By dgoad in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 01:30 AM
  2. GM Wheel Removal
    By twfarm in forum John Deere Vintage Tractors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 08:34 PM
  3. Rear wheel removal
    By AndyG in forum General Lawn & Garden
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 06:30 PM
  4. Wheel removal
    By picker77 in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 12:17 PM
  5. MF135 wheel spacing options? and 150/165?
    By ldeikis in forum Massey Ferguson Owning/Operating
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 08:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.