Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3000, 4400 & 4500TLB Case 830 Case 350 dozer

Default Re: My new little Case 350B dozer

Thanks everyone. I'm not sure why there's a decal that reads 355B because on the metal tag it reads 350B. As for the truck pulling it, I was worried about the hitch, the OEM is a class IV. So I installed a Curt Class V heavy duty rated for 17,000 pounds under the OEM with a Curt forged drawbar rated for 15k. I rented the trailer and it has 6k axles. The dozer is 10k with the trailer about 2k. My truck had no problem towing it the 50 miles home up hills and over passes until I got on the freeway, something my old "98" 2500 GMC could never do with a 350. I only plan to cut a driveway, level some ground for a future home that's about 2yrs away, trails, pond, septic and whatever else needs to be done. I have the 4400 with the 13' BH to pluck out any stump or tree that might get in the way. She's a small dozer but I'm positive it will do everything I need to do and more. I'm buying equipment prepping for a new home. I'm not a big fan of renting and absolutely hate borrowing equipment so I try to buy when I see a deal. The worst part is I have to listen to the little woman tell me its not gonna be worth anything by the the time I'm done in a few years. I told her in 3-4yrs I'll have a line 10 people deep to buy this little dozer for the $3k I bought it for, if I ever decide to sell it. She just laughed and shook her head.

Tractor
    John Deere 790 w/ 300 loader

SCORE!!

You will most definitely get your money out of it. A small dozer like that can do the work you need to do, even if you need to spend a little on it its a win, win.

And that size you will not have a hard time selling it when done..... The hard thing will be letting go of it.
    790 JD W/ 300 loader
    Lots of implements for loader and 3pt
    Can't do it burn'n diesel, is not worth do'n

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 950

$3K? You got a great deal

Tractor
    Case350

It is about 9000 pounds.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Case 580 Super M Series 2, Cat D3B

Quote Originally Posted by City Farmer View Post
    I have to listen to the little woman tell me its not gonna be worth anything by the the time I'm done in a few years. I told her in 3-4yrs I'll have a line 10 people deep to buy this little dozer for the $3k I bought it for, if I ever decide to sell it. She just laughed and shook her head.
    Heck, I'd be glad to buy it from you for $3K, and I know a couple of other local guys who would as well....in a heartbeat now, or in a couple of years. That was a great deal. Can I be first in line?
    Loose = not tight. Lose = to misplace. There = a place. They're = they are. Their = ownership. Advice = what you give when advising someone. Advise = the act of giving advice. Too = also. Two = 2. To = movement, direction or proximity. Brake = device that slows things. Break = separation.

"I could care less" means you care. What you're looking for is "I couldn't care less."

Don't get upset if you're the one who can't write what you mean.

The things you mount tires on are WHEELS.

Tractor
    2014 Mahindra 3016HST

you could scrap it for $3k after you use it for several years and still come out ahead.

US Army 1967 - 1971
    Freedom used to be your birth right. Now it's whatever they let you do... and usually for a fee.

Compromise is failure on the installment plan.

Show me any gun law, past, present or future, that would have prevented any of the mass shootings in this country.

Tractor
    2013 JD 3005 2001 Kubota BX1800

Great deal... wish I could find a deal like that, talk the wife into letting me buy it, and have the extra cash on hand, all at the same time! It should serve you well.
    Greg AKA DieselCrawler
    2013 JD 3005 4x4 w/loader, 530 squirrel power diesel, with gravity power-reverser
    2000-ish Kubota BX1800HST

Trucks:
    1999 F250 4x4 7.3L diesel 6spd. Sidelined due to motor issues
    2000 F350 4x4, 7.3L diesel, auto, daily driver
    2000 Excursion 4x4 7.3L diesel, wife's ride
    84 Chevy K-30 turbo diesel farm truck, play truck, one ton running gear, locked up, on 39.5" boggers,
    Redheaded wife, 6 kids, buncha rabbits, 5 horses/ponies, some cats, 4 dogs

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3000, 4400 & 4500TLB Case 830 Case 350 dozer

Thanks everyone. It's been about 10 months since I've bought it and finally got around to fixing It up. A new idler, battery & all new fluids will be changed this weekend. I haven't used it much (maybe an hr.), only to pluck out a few stumps and push some top soil. I just bought 24 acres and like all my other equipment, she'll be pushed pretty hard next spring. I'm gonna have lots of questions going forward about everything. I don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon.

Super Star Member
    SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer

We picked up our 350C a couple of months ago... paid 10k delivered 150 miles

Looked at several before and this was the best we could do.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 336d w ldr,Cub,many attachments

great deal !! don't be too quick to send it off...when you think...... you are done with it.......did a similar deal a few years back for a project, sold the dozer when project was finished, trouble is could have used it over and over again, just far too handy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast