Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    09' Kubota b3200HST

Default Re: What have you dug up with your rototiller???

Phone lines, Water lines, grave marker, parts of a truck, clothes, hat, tools (hammer head, grease gun), aluminum kitchen scoop and fence wire and a septic tank top. I was a landscape contractor for most of this stuff. Some at the farm. On a different cant, I was discing a field and lost my wallet. I narrowed the possible area to five acres in a 150 acre field. It took me two days of discing that area over and over till I found it. I was seventeen.

Tractor
    none

My heavy equipment is still a shovel. (back yard is only 25 x 8) One spot produced old clothes, another children toys, and then some hand tools. For a while the joke was "If we keep digging we will find either treasure or a body. Then we found it...bones small and a good number of them. I took what looked like a thigh and part of a pelvis to a professor at Palm Beach State College. They were from a dead cat! What a relief!!

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Ran over some small diameter wire that took forever to get off the tines. What a mess. Did the same thing with plastic baling twine but somewhat easier to remove.

Broke a long flint spear point in the front yard and found both pieces. I have been told it would have been very valuable if not broken. Sigh...

Some sort of porcelin sink that was chopped up enough to just bury and leave it be.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    Kubota B7510

Jimmy Hoffa?

Tractor
    JD 2720

In over 20 years, I have dug up just about everything that has been mentioned so far. But the worst was the day I wrapped a 3/4 inch piece of re-bar about 3 feet long around and inside the tines. There was no way to remove it on the job site so I loaded everything up and drove home to use the cutting torch and then back to the job to finish.
    HAVE FUN

Life is easier when you plow around the stumps.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    MF 150, TO-35, John Deere 5065E, Caterpiller 953 track loader

The spikey end of a garden weasel that luckily missed the tire. An 8 ft length of 3/8 inch chain that wrapped around the tines in a really spectacural way. Not long after Dad bought the farm, he plowed up a draw bar that we still use. Mom also found an 1865 dime in the garden while picking beans a few years back. Google says its worth about $300 bucks. After finding the dime, she borrowed a metal detector and proceeded to spend the rest of the day digging up nails and various pieces of rusted metal junk.

I wasn't digging, but I locked the right track on the loader and it dug in 3-4 inches and broke the phone line. Phone company tried to charge for the repair. I argued that it was their fault that it wasn't buried deep enough and they finally relented.
    MBA = More Bad Advice

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123