What have you dug up with your rototiller???

/ What have you dug up with your rototiller??? #21  
Phone lines, Water lines, grave marker, parts of a truck, clothes, hat, tools (hammer head, grease gun), aluminum kitchen scoop and fence wire and a septic tank top. I was a landscape contractor for most of this stuff. Some at the farm. On a different cant, I was discing a field and lost my wallet. I narrowed the possible area to five acres in a 150 acre field. It took me two days of discing that area over and over till I found it. I was seventeen.

/ What have you dug up with your rototiller??? #22  
My heavy equipment is still a shovel. (back yard is only 25 x 8) :(One spot produced old clothes, another children toys, and then some hand tools. For a while the joke was "If we keep digging we will find either treasure :crossfingers: or a body.:eek: Then we found it...bones small and a good number of them. I took what looked like a thigh and part of a pelvis to a professor at Palm Beach State College. They were from a dead cat! What a relief!!:wave:

/ What have you dug up with your rototiller??? #23  
Ran over some small diameter wire that took forever to get off the tines. What a mess. Did the same thing with plastic baling twine but somewhat easier to remove.

Broke a long flint spear point in the front yard and found both pieces. I have been told it would have been very valuable if not broken. Sigh...

Some sort of porcelin sink that was chopped up enough to just bury and leave it be.

/ What have you dug up with your rototiller??? #25  
In over 20 years, I have dug up just about everything that has been mentioned so far. But the worst was the day I wrapped a 3/4 inch piece of re-bar about 3 feet long around and inside the tines. There was no way to remove it on the job site so I loaded everything up and drove home to use the cutting torch and then back to the job to finish.

/ What have you dug up with your rototiller??? #26  
The spikey end of a garden weasel that luckily missed the tire. An 8 ft length of 3/8 inch chain that wrapped around the tines in a really spectacural way. Not long after Dad bought the farm, he plowed up a draw bar that we still use. Mom also found an 1865 dime in the garden while picking beans a few years back. Google says its worth about $300 bucks. After finding the dime, she borrowed a metal detector and proceeded to spend the rest of the day digging up nails and various pieces of rusted metal junk.

I wasn't digging, but I locked the right track on the loader and it dug in 3-4 inches and broke the phone line. Phone company tried to charge for the repair. I argued that it was their fault that it wasn't buried deep enough and they finally relented.