Somebody got their JD stuck today!!!

/ Somebody got their JD stuck today!!! #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
No, it wasn't me! Came upon this little scene while driving home from work today and I had to turn around and get a pic of it!!! It's a little creek bottom (the creek is behind the tall brush behind tractor) that feeds into a pond about 250 yds on the other side of the tractor. This property is part of a tract that the church next to it owns (not in the pic but 100 yds on the other side of those trees). I have seen some of the church members in there before cleaning it out, and if I am not mistaken, pretty sure I saw that same tractor bushhogging it before. I'm sure it will be gone when I drive by there in the morning on my way to work but if its still there, might have to go round up my 790 and pull him out lol.

20130418_165715.jpg

/ Somebody got their JD stuck today!!! #2  
It is not stuck if you can still see paint.

/ Somebody got their JD stuck today!!! #5  
Well, that just sucks.... Hope they get it out without damaging anything

/ Somebody got their JD stuck today!!!
I would never give up that easily. :)

Yep, I can't help thinking that if he unhooked the BH (but maybe he already did??) that it might just drive out of the ruts. THen, just hook a chain to the BH and GENTLY drag it away from the soft spot.

/ Somebody got their JD stuck today!!! #7  
That looks like a sink hole, they better get out soon or there might not be a JD there in a few days.

Last edited:
   / Somebody got their JD stuck today!!! #8  
Hmmm...if I come up an area where there is nothing growing in a spot when I am mowing,,,I always get off first and check why......

Cheers

Roger

/ Somebody got their JD stuck today!!! #9  
Hmmm...if I come up an area where there is nothing growing in a spot when I am mowing,,,I always get off first and check why......

Cheers

Roger

It looks like to me he was using the brush hog in reverse and he was driving over the area he had already mowed......Am I wrong? I think driving over the area brought up the water.

/ Somebody got their JD stuck today!!! #10  
Yeah, it looks like it is sinking lower on the left side. Unless they got a chain on it to pull it out, it looks like a real pain. No FEL or backhoe to lift with.