Observations from North Carolina

/ Observations from North Carolina #11  
They have a skid steer mounted from bush hog. The few people I know who hire mowing the people came with skid steers.

I've only seen one skid steer mower in operation and it just didn't look natural. I guess it's what you're used to.

/ Observations from North Carolina #12  
Equipment evolution has indeed given us some new tools and different ways to use old tools. I see big horsepower 4WD tractors doing the work that used to be the domain of crawler/dozers scraping dirt. Skidsteers with backhoes. Tractor front loaders with skid steer quick attach buckets. By 1960, most thought under 30 horsepower tractors were a dying breed. It used to be rare to see a tractor with a front loader.

One man cobbles a solution to his problem in his backyard, soon a whole new industry is formed.

/ Observations from North Carolina #16  
We live in North Carolina. The County we live in has around 23,000 inhabitants. The largest majority of the local contractors have Dozers, Excavators, and Tractors. I know of only one Skid Steer used by anyone in the entire County. More people have Fork Trucks than Skid Steers.

/ Observations from North Carolina #17  
I would hate to bush hog some of the areas that I bush hog with a skid steer. These things would be like riding a bucking bull in the rough areas that I mow

I've only seen one skid steer mower in operation and it just didn't look natural. I guess it's what you're used to.

This is a skid steer 7' brush hog, and a smooth ride on independent suspension.

Notice the pivot hinge at the top of the SSQA plate, the front wheel carries the other half of the weight.
P4010028.JPG P4060001.JPG P4120002.JPG

Stuckmotor your'e right, it just don't look natural, but it sure works good out front! :D:thumbsup:
PA010003.JPG PA010016.JPG PA010010.JPG

/ Observations from North Carolina #18  
I don't remember a pivot wheel on the one I saw. The wheel should solve most of the problems that I anticipated.

/ Observations from North Carolina #19  
Does the cab on that Bobcat have air filtration? The dust is bad enough when the mower is behind me and I circle back around into it.

/ Observations from North Carolina #20  
Does the cab on that Bobcat have air filtration? The dust is bad enough when the mower is behind me and I circle back around into it.

Yep, it has a cab air filter and heat and A/C.

The view out the windshield while brush hogging
P3310011.JPG P4010040.JPG P4010043.JPG P4010069.JPG