Observations from North Carolina

/ Observations from North Carolina #1  

BuzzardA91

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4105. 375 Backhoe. 2005 Polaris Ranger
I just got back from a one week vacation in NC, Wimington area. One thing I noticed is that there were a bunch of tractors being used "commercially" , landscapers, towns, and construction crews. A JD 3120 was being used to spread a triaxle load of soil with the FEL and what looked like a lanplane withscarifiers. It was then used to speed two loads of stone on top for a parking pad. I also saw numerous tractors being trailered with tillers attached. The town had some JDs and a few road construction crews had a few JD 3320s and Kubotas.

I just don't see that here in CT. It seems that skid steers are king for commercial use. Occasionally I will see a tree company with a tractor with a grapple but that is it.

Maybe it's just me but there were a bunch of tractors making money in NC, I just don't see that in CT

/ Observations from North Carolina
There goes this thread............:confused3:

/ Observations from North Carolina #5  
Just guessing that people down this way have more need for a tractor than people in your area and decide to kill two birds with one stone. I'm also curious as to how people in CT do things like landscaping and mowing pastures with skid steers.

/ Observations from North Carolina
They have a skid steer mounted from bush hog. The few people I know who hire mowing the people came with skid steers.

/ Observations from North Carolina #8  
Because they are rednecks. :laughing:

Watching the TV show- You Don't Know Dixie- on H2. The question was asked -"What is a Redneck?" :confused3:

There were lots of answers, most involved working hard in the sun without sunscreen!!
It was determined that Rednecks are everywhere! :shocked:

:rolleyes: Look around PA and see if any are loose and send em back home so we can get some work done!!!

:laughing::cool2::laughing:

/ Observations from North Carolina #9  
Just a little north of you I see quite a few tractors being used. Construction sites have skid steers, I think because they are compact, but mowing etc is done with usually a kubota or a Jd. For municiple jobs it depends on who got the contract.

/ Observations from North Carolina #10  
They have a skid steer mounted from bush hog. The few people I know who hire mowing the people came with skid steers.

I would hate to bush hog some of the areas that I bush hog with a skid steer. These things would be like riding a bucking bull in the rough areas that I mow