I could never compete with the mini excuvator operator I watched today.

/ I could never compete with the mini excuvator operator I watched today. #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
The city is replacing sewer mains in my area that is very steep and rugged.

For the most part, they are bursting through the old clay pipe and pulling new 8 or 10" seamless plastic behind.

Ran into a big problem in my backyard because there is about a 300' section of corrugated metal through the creek and up the face of the ravine they can't burst...

Cable snaps and everything stops...

The slope is more than a 45 of semi-loose soil and rock with a creek below.

Watched the operator claw his way up the slope using tracks and hoe... with the mini dozer blade to prevent rollback... amazing to see because it is so steep you have to go and all fours through poison oak to traverse.

Sure hope the Tekeuchi is designed for proper engine oil and hydraulic flow at 50 degrees...

All the equipment they are using is from Rental Yards... can only imagine the toll it takes.

/ I could never compete with the mini excuvator operator I watched today. #2  
Pictures, man! Pictures!

/ I could never compete with the mini excuvator operator I watched today.
I know... photographically challenged at the moment...

I will take some after work if it is still hanging up there.

/ I could never compete with the mini excuvator operator I watched today. #4  
Pictures, man! Pictures!

This ^

I could never compete with 99% of the operators I've ever watched but truly enjoy lording it over that pathetic 1% I can whup. :laughing:

/ I could never compete with the mini excuvator operator I watched today. #5  
:laughing: Too funny LJH.