help identify international harvester industrial tractor

/ help identify international harvester industrial tractor #1  

rehix60

Tractor
ih 2400
IMG_7200.jpgIMG_7202.jpgIMG_7203.jpgi need help to identifyIMG_7201.jpgIMG_7204.jpgIMG_7206.jpg this ih loader 3cyl diesel engine shuttle shift with 3 gear range and high low

Last edited:
   / help identify international harvester industrial tractor #2  
Regionally (West Coast), industrial loaders are known as skip loaders. The company I worked for back in the 70's used all IH equipment, the only exception being Ford skip loaders. I do remember seeing the IH loaders around back then around jobsites though and I must have run one at one time or another since I swear I remember that dash. If memory serves me right the IH Payloader shown looks to be a mid-seventies model. I'm pretty sure the ones from the 60's and early 70's had round rear fenders like a Ford and the late 70's and 80's models had a more integrated looking loader like a Deere 210E. A search for IH skip loaders turned up this one. $7,900 OBO IH Payloader Model 250A Utility Tractor Loader w/Hydraulic Box Blade for Sale in Downers Grove, Illinois Classified | ShowMeTheAd.com Hope it helps.

All of the IH equipment was known for being tough stuff. The loader in the pics looks to be in great shape for its age!

/ help identify international harvester industrial tractor
thx i was told this tractor was a late 70s possible early 80s tractor i looked at a 250 for sale in my area the dash is different thats why it could be a 2400 series they were made in late 70s still searching this tractor is a beast it runs great only promblem is needs brakes and new gauges

/ help identify international harvester industrial tractor #4  
i have a 2500A which looks similar dash looks the same.there is a procedure to bleed the brakes if you dont follow the pedal will fail.it will not get the air out.i bleed mine a few times before i read the manual and did it right,they have fail in a year.i have a 2050 loader on mine.

i made a bid on ebay for a manual hope i get it this tractor might be a 2405b or 2410b or a 2500 series the 2400b series had a payloader and a utilty loader (don't no the difference ) info i have researched shows the 2500 series with a 4 cyc thats why i think this is a 2400 series

/ help identify international harvester industrial tractor #6  
The tractor skid is basedon the IH world wide series tractor fitted with the HD cast front axle ( 454 / 574 tractors)

If it is a 3 cyl diesel engine it is a 2400 if 4 cyl it is a 2500 model they were made from 1970 to 1978 then were based on the 84 series tractots ( 484 to 884 tractors built 1978 to 1982)

Do you require a service manual, i sell PDF copies of the genuine IH manuals, send me a PM with your e mail address.

do you have a manual for a ih2400 ?
whats the price ?

The tractor skid is basedon the IH world wide series tractor fitted with the HD cast front axle ( 454 / 574 tractors)

If it is a 3 cyl diesel engine it is a 2400 if 4 cyl it is a 2500 model they were made from 1970 to 1978 then were based on the 84 series tractots ( 484 to 884 tractors built 1978 to 1982)

Do you require a service manual, i sell PDF copies of the genuine IH manuals, send me a PM with your e mail address.

rehix60@yahoo.com

/ help identify international harvester industrial tractor #9  
Its definitely not a 2500 if it has a 3 cyl
You might want to look carefully at the trans as I think that you might have the torque converter set up opposed to a true gear.

If memory serves the gear was 8 forward and 4 reverse and the torque converter was 3 speeds with a High Low like you describe with the HST being only a 2 speed.