about the cost of john deere

/ about the cost of john deere #11  
Oh come on, I usually like to welcome a new member, but when they post something absurd like this it is pretty hard. I've got Kubota and John Deere and done trades on both, I got good trade in value on both brands. My dealer has tried to snag my 10 year old Kubota more than a couple of times. I traded my L5030 HSTC in on a new L5740 HSTC and got a great deal on it and it was sold off the lot within a week before they even had time to prep it, the guy had to wait on it as they wanted to service and clean it up.

No doubt the John Deere 1026R is a nice machine and I have recommended them, but lets not get carried away. I took my wife up to look at one as we have a JD2305 and Kubota 2200 and 2660, but when she looked at it she was not interested and wants to keep her 2008 2660. Both companies make good products as does Kioti, Massey, NH etc., I could pretty much be happy with any of them, some just fit better than others.

/ about the cost of john deere #12  
...it was sold off the lot within a week before they even had time to prep it, the guy had to wait on it as they wanted to service and clean it up.

Funny, when I went to sign the papers on my new JD on Monday, the salesman was talking to a customer and asked me a question about my Kubota I'm trading. I asked "You have it sold already?". His response, "Well, not yet, but we're talking already." They won't have my Kubota until tomorrow! :)

I could pretty much be happy with any of them, some just fit better than others.
Bingo!

I will say, I bet JD and Kubota have better resale than the others since they are more well known.

/ about the cost of john deere #13  
Have read several posts about john deere being more expensive than other makes. No one seems to be taking into consideration resale value. Here I Alberta, Canada the difference in cost between my 1026r and a kubota bx2660 was only $1000.00. 10 years from now the 1026 will be worth at least 3 times the value of the kubota. So in the long run the 1026 is cheaper.

Which wizard did you consult with to come up with values 10 years into the future? You have a hot 3 posts on this forum and already you're trolling to stir up trouble.

/ about the cost of john deere #14  
From what I see with Kubota especially with the compact and sub compact tractors there resale is just as good and some cases better than Deere. There is no doubt about it they make an awesome machine from what I have seen. I know guys that are die hard Deere people or die hard Case IH people and still have a little Kubota in the barn and that says something if you break through to one of these guys. I think another thing Kubota has in its favor is Deere and all the manufactures out there are out sourcing stuff to other countries and for us guys that dont want to buy foreign are coming more and more around to it. I have to say most people that don't want to buy foreign would have to admit buying from Japan is probably at the top of the list as far as quality goes from foreign countries.

/ about the cost of john deere #15  
Okay.....I JUST watched a John Deere commercial that led me to believe they're made in America. Are they, or just some of them? If I were buying a tractor,I WOULD prefer the one made in America(that INCLUDES Canada):cool2:.Preferably union made, but not a deal-breaker. don-ohio :)^)

/ about the cost of john deere #16  
Don't know about resale. One big reason I went with JD is that I can go to a Deere dealer and get parts for a 40 year old machine. I figure I'm good if I brake something in the future. Besides there are no Bota dealers I my area.

/ about the cost of john deere #17  
Could very well be regional variations...

Kubota's do very well in my area in private party sales.

/ about the cost of john deere
in this part of the world kubota isn't that popular, and people that do buy them for some reason don't seem to keep them very long. lots of 4-5 year old machines advertised for sale with low hours. neither jd dealer I was dealing with had any used kabota's on their lots. they had several other makes of used machines. kabota simply isn't the go to machine around here. I spent a lot of time looking at every make and model available, and kept coming back to john deere. kabota's loader control was the first big turn off for me. it is horendous and antiquated. A lot longer leaver which trnslates into a lot longer throw to achieve the same control of a shorter and more comfortably placed control like on the john deere 1026r. I am not knocking those who do like kabota, I was simply relaying my experience with the different dealers I was dealing with.

/ about the cost of john deere #19  
Could very well be the problem as is often stated on TBN... good local Dealer support is very important.

I'm close to San Francisco and the Deere Dealers I visited were not interested in selling small tractors... they had none in inventory and only special ordered them...

One simply said their business is big agriculture and this is their strong point... they had 100 hp+ tractors, combines, etc... just nothing I was looking for.

I posted years ago that I was unsuccessful in even getting a price quote...

Just for the record... I own a Deere 110 TLB, a Kubota BX23 and till last week also owned a CAT D3...

No complaints on the Deere "Yellow" dealer... good support... just stock most items.

CAT Dealer was by far the best and I was a nobody in terms for sales... they offered to deliver to my job site at no charge and asked if I needed pricing on a loaner when I broke two hydraulic lines which they had made up for me and waiting at the counter and hour after my call...

/ about the cost of john deere #20  
I bought my JD 5075 E last September from a local dealer. I paid around 22000.00 for it and it has a plastic roof. I didn’t think the price was too high. I also got a loader and a 7 foot brush hog with it. And a few more implements with it. These were extra and not in the base price. I have used the tractor about 350 hours this first year, and have put around 200 gallons of fuel through it. This is about 1.75 gallons per hour of use.