battery for JD 3010 diesel

/ battery for JD 3010 diesel #1  
Tractor
John Deere 112, John Deere 3010D
I have an arrangement to purchase a John Deere 3010 diesel that has been sitting unused for 7 years. The person selling it knows nothing about it. The batteries have been removed. I have heard conflicting info about which batteries it takes. Is it two 6 volts? Or two 12 volts? Any other comments on this machine would be welcomed as I don't know a lot about this model.

Thanks

/ battery for JD 3010 diesel #3  
All of them that i have seen take 2 6 volt batteries hooked up in paralel to give you 12 volts.

/ battery for JD 3010 diesel #4  
I have not been here very long, but in my book, 2 six volt batteries in parallel give you six volts... Just sayin....

/ battery for JD 3010 diesel #5  
Give me the correct word then please. You know what im talking about. Thought it was called paralell. - on one battery to frame. + on same battery to - on other battery. + on second battery to starter. Equals 12 volts. Whats the correct phrase? Is it "in series"?

/ battery for JD 3010 diesel #6  
Didn't mean to be a smart arse.... The connection you describe is a series connection. It will give you 12 volts from the last connection to ground.

/ battery for JD 3010 diesel #7  
Thanks. I just had the wrong word.

/ battery for JD 3010 diesel #8  
Nobody has the correct answer yet, even Tractordata (no surprise there). 3010D tractors ALL left the factory with 24V floating ground systems. They use two 12V batteries that are, I believe, BCI group 3EE. Many of these tractors have been converted to 12V negative ground.

/ battery for JD 3010 diesel #10  
Nobody has the correct answer yet, even Tractordata (no surprise there). 3010D tractors ALL left the factory with 24V floating ground systems. They use two 12V batteries that are, I believe, BCI group 3EE. Many of these tractors have been converted to 12V negative ground.

I agree with Rick on this make sure what configuration your tractor has before firing it up.