How Do You Organize Your Shop?

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #21  
I use the sedimentary method. Newer items are nearer the top.

Bruce

I use the sedimentary method too. The only small items, easy to find, are the wrenches in the molded plastic boxes with a space for every wrench. The box is as valuable to me as the wrenches.

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #22  
Personally I hate rattling around in draws looking for things, so I subscribe to the theory if I can't see it ain't going to get used so everthing has its own place hung up on the walls or is visible on open shelves:-

Similar theory....... or when busy all thrown all over the floor and half of the yard :)

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #23  
   / How Do You Organize Your Shop? #24  
I use "speciality" boxes. I pick up tool boxes at garage sales and auctions and one is my soldering box-everything soldering is in there. One is my pop rivet box-- everything for pop riveting. One for zip ties....................... Well, you get the idea. I have MANY of these on shelves, all labeled and it seems to help me find what I need when I need it.

Last edited:
   / How Do You Organize Your Shop? #25  
My shop is alphabetized.....for example.....if you open my "A" drawer....you will find all of my tools and things that start with the letter "A".....like A screwdriver, A Hammer, A pipe wrench, A saw, A roll of duct tape, A half eaten sandwich, a paintbrush etc...... If I can't find something.....it's usually in the "A" drawer. Oh...did I mention....I have several "A" drawers.:thumbsup:

Wow! I never knew I had a system until now! :D

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #26  
I use the sedimentary method. Newer items are nearer the top.
Bruce

I also add some memory training to that with what I call the "where did I use that last system"

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop?
My shop is alphabetized.....for example.....if you open my "A" drawer....you will find all of my tools and things that start with the letter "A".....like A screwdriver, A Hammer, A pipe wrench, A saw, A roll of duct tape, A half eaten sandwich, a paintbrush etc...... If I can't find something.....it's usually in the "A" drawer. Oh...did I mention....I have several "A" drawers.:thumbsup:

:laughing:

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #28  
I don't have a large Shop. I have a 16X24 foot wooden storage building. Inside are two tables that I work at. My tool chests are next to one table. I have the long handle yard tools stored in a 55 gallon plastic barrel. I store my Brushcutter, riding Lawn Mower, Pressure Washer, and small Air Compressor in my Shed. I place all odd and ends in Labeled Plastic Coffee cans. I make sure that everything stays orderly. It makes it easier to maneuver my Wheelchair around.

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop?
   / How Do You Organize Your Shop? #30  
We've seen some impressive shops here on TractorByNet that simply make you want to fix something. So let's see them! Do you have a clean, efficient, or organized work space for your tractor and other equipment? If so, please share your pictures below.

Also, please let us know if you have a secret to always being able to find your tools or keeping things in order :cool:. We might be able to learn something from you. Thanks! :)

Lotsa shelf space. Lotsa plastic storage boxes on those shelves with tight fitting lids and labels that accurately indicate what's in the box. Every trip to Walmart or Home Depot results in another few new boxes.