How Do You Organize Your Shop?

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #1  

Briana03

Elite Member
Tractor
None
We've seen some impressive shops here on TractorByNet that simply make you want to fix something. So let's see them! Do you have a clean, efficient, or organized work space for your tractor and other equipment? If so, please share your pictures below.

Also, please let us know if you have a secret to always being able to find your tools or keeping things in order :cool:. We might be able to learn something from you. Thanks! :)

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #2  
I'm certainly going to be watching this thread closely. Should be starting construction next week on new pole building. 48 x 108' utilizing 60 x 48 to be floored and insulated and then 48 x 48 to used as cold storage.
Planning on radiant tube heat, two 14x14 doors on shop side with one 14 x14 in mid wall to cold side and one 14 x 14 door for cold end. Looking at burying 2" receiver tube at various locations in floor to be flush with concrete for vices / grinders / stands etc that can just be pulled out as needed.
Going to try with a rainwater recovery system with the eaves to pipe inside into a 500 gallon tank then the overflow to return back out to water shelterbelt.
Definitely open to any ideas that you fellows have....

Thanks!!

Cheers

Roger

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #3  
The easiest way to being able to find something is to have drawers clearly marked, but way more important than that, is making sure tools get put back in those drawers in the right places EVERY time.

Brian

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #4  
I use the sedimentary method. Newer items are nearer the top.

Bruce

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop?
The easiest way to being able to find something is to have drawers clearly marked, but way more important than that, is making sure tools get put back in those drawers in the right places EVERY time.

Brian

Great. Thank you Brian. That makes perfect sense.

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #6  
My shop/garage is so unorganized that no one and I mean no one can fine anything . But me. My wife or kid asks all the time how do you know where anything is. My comment is ask and I will tell you. I always know that I have, a tool or item. It is just a matter of time before I can fine it. Most of the time I can find it, Then again I do have doubles of some things.

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #7  
Great. Thank you Brian. That makes perfect sense.

Much easier to preach than to practice at times.

ForumRunner_20130426_161341.png

As you can see, I need a day off to get reorganized.

Brian

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #8  
Yep, I too have found it's not how you organize, but picking stuff up and putting it back where it goes is the most important.

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #9  
Personally I hate rattling around in draws looking for things, so I subscribe to the theory if I can't see it ain't going to get used so everthing has its own place hung up on the walls or is visible on open shelves:-

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 487
  • a.JPG
    a.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 540
  • aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 520
   / How Do You Organize Your Shop? #10  

Brian
That was going to be my advice. Even if you don't label the drawers, put the tools in the same place all the time and put them back as soon as you finish. No matter where you keep stuff, use it and put it back where it belongs and it will seem organized to you even if not to others.