Connecting and Disconnecting Loader Hydraulic Lines: Tractor on or off?

/ Connecting and Disconnecting Loader Hydraulic Lines: Tractor on or off? #1  

fordmantpw

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2720
Hello all! I just received my JD 2720 over the weekend. I've never had a loader before, and I have a question on connecting and disconnecting the hydraulic lines. Does the tractor need to be off? Watching some YouTube videos, I've seen some with the tractor running while connecting the lines, but not disconnecting. I don't mind shutting the tractor off if necessary, I just don't like extra on/off cycles of the engine if it isn't required.

Thanks for the help!

PS: I don't have my loader manual yet since they forgot that with the tractor, but it should be here in a couple days.

/ Connecting and Disconnecting Loader Hydraulic Lines: Tractor on or off? #2  
Yes! Shut down the machine move your control stick in all four directions at least 4 times to relieve pressure then disconnect lines.

/ Connecting and Disconnecting Loader Hydraulic Lines: Tractor on or off?
That's kinda what I expected. Thanks for the advice!

/ Connecting and Disconnecting Loader Hydraulic Lines: Tractor on or off? #4  
Off to make it easier on yourself. Trying to hook-up with it on is messy at times if you have to relieve the pressure by allowing fluid to escape. Also a little dangerous with fluid flying.