Cleaning the Tractors

/ Cleaning the Tractors #31  
The before picture was as clean as the after . You call that filthy ? Nice place you have .

/ Cleaning the Tractors #32  
Saturday I started cleaning the tractors. They were both filthy.

Here is what they looked like before I started.....

Wow that's some great effort in detailing & cleaning there.

Do you do on-site call outs ? If so, we'll again drag out of the shed the old well loved IH which could do with maybe a quick wash. As it's taken c.35 yrs of hard work to layer & preserve in a suitable coating of clay dust there shouldn't be many contaminants in what's left of the paint, nor will it need a cut & polish to disrupt the carefully cultivated "patina".

Seriously though I well appreciate your efforts - we run some older working tractors on the farms that we (selectively) try to keep pristine too, like the ancient JD6030 also below:
Them's 2 pretty girls . Were the 6030's any good ? Ikeep hearing no power and 2 heavy . Were there 2 engine options , NA and turbo . I admire your fleet . You got any openings for a 56 year old operator, farmer , loving husband , wonderful grandpa , **** near the finest human aboard .

/ Cleaning the Tractors
The before picture was as clean as the after . You call that filthy ? Nice place you have .

They were dirty the camera just did not show. I am sure the BX will be nice and dusty from mowing this evening. The L4240 is already turning green from the pollen. Thanks for the comment about my place. Little by little I am trying to get it in better shape.

/ Cleaning the Tractors #34  
Oscar? Oscar Madison, is that you?

I frequently wash my tractors. Past that,,,, that's funny and most readers probably don't even know what you are referring to!!! Heheheheheh.

/ Cleaning the Tractors #35  
Roger, you made that Kubota paint come alive!!!! I think generally Kubota paint is junk, but you actually got a deep shine out of it.

I wish Kubota paint was as good as JD paint. Sorry, but true.

/ Cleaning the Tractors
Roger, you made that Kubota paint come alive!!!! I think generally Kubota paint is junk, but you actually got a deep shine out of it.

I wish Kubota paint was as good as JD paint. Sorry, but true.

Thanks Richard. I think the paint is pretty good on both of mine for a tractor.

/ Cleaning the Tractors #37  
Them's 2 pretty girls . Were the 6030's any good ? Ikeep hearing no power and 2 heavy . Were there 2 engine options , NA and turbo . I admire your fleet

Thanks, our 6030 has the 531ci 6cyl turbo (I didn"t know there was NA option) it's not a bad tractor, just not a great tractor (I've never been a big JD fan...but IMO the 6030 is one of the last classic old style/authentic JD's....) & has had an easy c.6000hr life so far - compared to our White 2-180 (below) the JD6030 weighs about the same but works incredibly hard to develop similar horse power & is completely outgunned by the White's lower RPM Cat 636ci 8cyl in high torque, lugging & drawbar pull applcations
You got any openings for a 56 year old operator, farmer , loving husband , wonderful grandpa , **** near the finest human aboard .
Maybe & I'm sure you'd fit in fine with our crew (& probably teach them a thing or two - some of the "princesses" here like to call themselves operators then run for cover when they are scheduled to work some of our older gear) ............ but it's a pretty long commute......

Attachments

• TBN03052013.jpg
    TBN03052013.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
   / Cleaning the Tractors #38  
Your before picture doesn't look dirty. Some people have a lot of time on their hands. I would not waste the water resource or energy on the pressure wash for this..unless of course you are using them in some Playboy parade and all.

still, beautiful tractors..and hella nice looking storage facility ...you have a nice rig dude.

/ Cleaning the Tractors #39  
Your before picture doesn't look dirty. Some people have a lot of time on their hands. I would not waste the water resource or energy on the pressure wash for this..unless of course you are using them in some Playboy parade and all.

I don't know "94BULLITT" personally, but I think he's probably just like me when it comes to taking care of his things. I find cleaning my tractor, truck, m/cycle, etc., relaxing (even tho it is work), and I'd much rather be doing that than sitting in front of a TV set. It's been said that a vehicle always seems to run better when it's clean. I can't say that statement is true or not, but I always feel better when they're clean. :cool2:

/ Cleaning the Tractors #40  
Yours are looking good all polished up. I washed mine yesterday....It p!ssed down rain for about 8 hours. Now, how about the car in the back ground, is that a Hudson?

If you blow the pictures up guys, you can see the dirt.