Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Default Re: Cleaning the Tractors

Great! I would have had to fab something up or get the OEM mulching kit. I'll let everyone know how they work soon as I mow.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Well my review of the G6 Gator Blades on my Bx2230D is this:

Mulching Effect: I don't think they do any better at mulching the grass than the OEM blades... Conditions were very dry when I mowed.

Grass Lifting: MUCH better than the OEM blades! No more tire tracks with uncut grass.

Cutting: Since I had recently sharpened my OEM blades, in comparision I can say the new Gators were just as good.

Cutting while turning sharply: MUCH better! Again, the Hi-lift blades stand the grass up so much better.

Noise: I did not hear any difference in blade noise. Also no loss of power as some have noticed. I ran the BX at full power and mowed in lo-range as I always do due to a rough yard.

The final verdict was given by the wife. She commented the yard had never looked so evenly cut. I had not even told her I put new blades on!

So overall I am happy with the purchase of these blades.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Thanks for the review.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using TractorByNet
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HST

yeah - I've been told the same thing too. BUT - I use the P/W on my tractor as well as my pickups and Harley. In my opinion, it's completely safe IF you don't go spraying into bearings, electrical components, etc. I only use it to clean under fenders, wheels & tires, etc. Never had a problem in 20 years of doing it that way.

Now - I certainly don't use it under the hood of my tractor nor pickups. They occasionally get wiped down, but never see water.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Quote Originally Posted by Coolerman View Post
    Well my review of the G6 Gator Blades on my Bx2230D is this:

Mulching Effect: I don't think they do any better at mulching the grass than the OEM blades... Conditions were very dry when I mowed.

Grass Lifting: MUCH better than the OEM blades! No more tire tracks with uncut grass.

Cutting: Since I had recently sharpened my OEM blades, in comparision I can say the new Gators were just as good.

Cutting while turning sharply: MUCH better! Again, the Hi-lift blades stand the grass up so much better.

Noise: I did not hear any difference in blade noise. Also no loss of power as some have noticed. I ran the BX at full power and mowed in lo-range as I always do due to a rough yard.

The final verdict was given by the wife. She commented the yard had never looked so evenly cut. I had not even told her I put new blades on!

So overall I am happy with the purchase of these blades.
    Where do you get these mulching blades? I have the same problem with the grass I run over with my tires, I think everyone does.
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Just Google Gator Blades. You can get them direct from Oregon or anyplace that sells Oregon parts. I ordered mine from Mowpart.com part # 96-612ORE. That is for three blades. $56.55 plus $9.95 for shipping

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567