Cleaning the Tractors

/ Cleaning the Tractors #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
Saturday I started cleaning the tractors. They were both filthy.

Here is what they looked like before I started.

I pressure washed them both off followed up with hand washing them.

Here is what they looked like after I finished washing them.

After I washed them I focused on the BX.

I started out by going over it with a clay bar to remove all the containment's from the paint. Then I got out the DA polisher. I went went over it with a swirl remover to remove some light scratches and swirls. Then I used a polish. After the polish I used a glaze to remove light imperfections. I then used a paint sealant to protect the paint from rough conditions a tractor is in. After the sealant I waxed it for more shine. I topped it all off with a quick detail wax.

What it looks like now, It was a overcast day so the pics are not the best.

I am still working the L4240, I have only clay barred it and used the swirl remover on it.

/ Cleaning the Tractors #2  
You're going to get some grief by those who've never washed a tractor, lol. I wash mine only in the fall because I really hate frozen mud stuck to it or if it gets really dirty.

/ Cleaning the Tractors
You're going to get some grief by those who've never washed a tractor, lol. I wash mine only in the fall because I really hate frozen mud stuck to it or if it gets really dirty.

I don't care. I wanted to get the both cleaned up and ready to work. The BX will be nice and dusty from mowing by the end of the week. I figure if I cleaned them both really good a couple times a year with some touch ups in between they should stay looking good.

/ Cleaning the Tractors #4  
Good grief...your filthy is my clean. You're more than welcome to come here and make my rigs sparkle. Heck, you can do your magic on our three vehicles too.

/ Cleaning the Tractors #5  
I'm with mjncad. I'd like to have mine as clean as yours was, before you washed it.

/ Cleaning the Tractors #6  
That was filthy? :laughing:

/ Cleaning the Tractors #7  
I didn't even know you could wash a tractor.

/ Cleaning the Tractors #8  
They look very nice indeed.:thumbsup:

/ Cleaning the Tractors #9  
What substance have you found satisfactory to remove front exhaust soot from the FEL?

I'm on your side in PRINCIPLE: Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Although I have never washed my tractor in fifteen months of ownership, I have blown the dust off with compressed air several times.

/ Cleaning the Tractors #10  
What substance have you found satisfactory to remove front exhaust soot from the FEL?

I'm on your side in PRINCIPLE: Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Although I have never washed my tractor in fifteen months of ownership, I have blown the dust off with compressed air several times.

The best thing I came up with is a product called "Oil Eater". You can get it at Costco, I'm sure other places as well.