Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service

/ Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service #12  
It's nice to get to know your tractor better....I think I'm going to do mine along with someone else who has a little more know-how at 50.....

/ Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service
So I went to see mu local Kubota dealer to pick up the necessary filters. After doing some research, I found out that all I really needed to do was change the oil and some filters and that was about that. Even the air filter may not need to be changed years is you're using it more in the winter, which I am. Going to take the plunge tomorrow and give it a try.

/ Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service
Very excited! I just finished everything for my 50-hour service and did it myself. Only two issues were that the manual didn't say that there were 2 oil drain plugs, just one. The big pain in the a** was that once you unscrew the HST Transmission filter, you need to unscrew the brake control to get it out of there. They could have made that easier. Also, the people at Tractor Supply don't know much so do you're research before you go. I have to send half the stuff back.

/ Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service #15  
2. Added "rare earth" (neodymium) magnets to the all the drain plugs. Rare earth magnets are much stronger than then conventional household magnets. Plus they don't lose as much holding strength with temperature.
3. Added "rare earth magnets to the various filters.

Thanks for the info. I'm new at this so what are the magnets for anyway?

I didn't see this answered yet - the magnets are to capture any metal filings or shavings that might end up in the oil to lessen the chance that they get pulled back into the engine. It shouldn't happen anyway because the filter should catch them - but better safe than sorry.

I'm coming up on the 50 hour service on my B3200 also - I think I'm at 44 hours right now so it might be next weekend. Is putting synthetic oil (like Mobil1 ) - worth it? I've always used Mobil1 in all my cars and I put it in my BX23 when I had that too.

/ Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service #16  
Sorry I didn't provide an answer to your question, but Jim_wilson has it covered. There are times when the machining chips are not adequately cleaned during manufacturing and resulted in some ugly contamination issues. Below are several pictures I copied from this site to give you an idea what could happen. I like modifying the drain plugs to accept the powerful magnets for visual reference when changing the fluids.

Examples from other threads:
Metal Shavings 01.jpg Metal Shavings 02.jpg

/ Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service #17  
Sorry I didn't provide an answer to your question, but Jim_wilson has it covered. There are times when the machining chips are not adequately cleaned during manufacturing and resulted in some ugly contamination issues. Below are several pictures I copied from this site to give you an idea what could happen. I like modifying the drain plugs to accept the powerful magnets for visual reference when changing the fluids.

Examples from other threads:
View attachment 318330 View attachment 318331

Where did you get the magnets that you used? I'm going to have to do the 50 hour service on my tractor shortly and it would be a good opportunity to add them.

/ Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service #18  
I bought them at a local hardware store, but it is more like hardware stores of 20 years ago when they actually carried useful items. Below is a picture of the ones I bought. They can be had in a variety of diameters and thickness. Perhaps a local hobby or craft store might carry them. These magnets are incredibly strong.

IMG_0459.jpg

Here is one example of where they can be purchased online. K&J Magnetics - Strong Neodymium Magnets, Rare Earth Magnets