Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service

/ Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service #1  

kozman

Tractor
Kubota B3200HSD
I've poured through pages trying to find some directions with the 1-year 50 hour service. Everyone says it's very important, but there's discussion on whether to do-it-yourself or have the dealer do it for you. I'm pretty good at doing things myself, but never on a tractor. Some say that this 50-hour is the most important because they do a complete overhaul of the tractor. However, going by the Kubota manual, they say that the following is what needs to be done at 50 hours and 1 year:

-Engine oil and filter change
-Transmission fluid change
-Hyd. oil filter cleaning
-Clean radiator screen and check coolant level
-Check tire pressure
-Check tire wear
-Check all safety switches
-Replace cooling system antifreeze
-Replace air cleaner
-Check power steering hoses
-Check fuel lines
-Check radiator hoses

This is what the manual says and I can easily do these. Is there something more that the dealership does beyond what Kubota recommends for this first inspection? Any feedback would be great!

/ Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service #2  
I did my own. Just followed the check list and looked for anything that looked "out of place". Didn't find anything odd. Add a check of the front axle oil if you have 4wd. It often needs to be topped of after the first 50 hrs. Ask TBN if you see anything you're not sure of. :)

/ Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service
Thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup:

/ Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service #4  
Kozman,

Besides the normal items here are a few items I did to mine while servicing it for the first time.
1. Painted all the drain plugs using Kubota orange paint to make them easier to see.
2. Added "rare earth" (neodymium) magnets to the all the drain plugs. Rare earth magnets are much stronger than then conventional household magnets. Plus they don't lose as much holding strength with temperature.
3. Added "rare earth magnets to the various filters.
4. Changed the drain plug gaskets to ones with encapsulated O-rings. Any automotive store will have these.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the painted drain plugs...
Oil Plug with Magnet.jpg

Oil Plug with Magnet 2.jpg

Example of magnets in the filter
Filter with Magnets.jpg

O-Ring style drain plug washer
IMG_0125.jpg

Last edited:
2. Added "rare earth" (neodymium) magnets to the all the drain plugs. Rare earth magnets are much stronger than then conventional household magnets. Plus they don't lose as much holding strength with temperature.
3. Added "rare earth magnets to the various filters.

Thanks for the info. I'm new at this so what are the magnets for anyway?

In response to the last email, I saw you can quote a previous email and don't know how to do that yet. Oh well.

/ Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service #7  
In response to the last email, I saw you can quote a previous email and don't know how to do that yet. Oh well.

At the bottom of the post you want to reply to, click on the "Reply With Quote" icon. I hope you enjoy your B3200 as much as I am. It's the perfect size for what I do with my lot. I pretty much followed the book for the 50 hour. I also checked the lugnuts and don't be afraid to use the grease gun. Enjoy the summer.

/ Kubota B3200HST 50 Hour Service #8  
You should also re-torque your loader bolts.

At the bottom of the post you want to reply to, click on the "Reply With Quote" icon. I hope you enjoy your B3200 as much as I am. It's the perfect size for what I do with my lot. I pretty much followed the book for the 50 hour. I also checked the lugnuts and don't be afraid to use the grease gun. Enjoy the summer.

Let's try this again with the quote. And yes, I have 7 acres and love my B3200.

So I called my local Kubota dealer and the parts guy told me to change my oil and filter and all other filters, but that I won't need to change all my fluids. Kubota actually changed their maintenance schedule from the owner's manual to an online update. Since I mainly use the tractor in the winter to move snow, he told me to check the air filter, but I may never have to change it. Less work by the hour! :D