Kubota B3200 hydrostatic jerks when parking brake on

/ Kubota B3200 hydrostatic jerks when parking brake on #1  

Kslusser

Tractor
Kubota B3200HSD
Hello everyone,

I have a B3200 (140 hours) and have owned it from beginning.
I don't know if its always had this issue or not, but recently in the last year or so, I've noticed that when its idling with parking brake on the tractor will jump.
I'm fairly certain the issue is related to the transmission, or at least the pedal as I will see it move when this problem occurs.
The tractor is at lowest idle, nobody on the seat, and I hear this high pitched squeak when it occurs (only lasts a second).
This happens about every 3-4 minutes.
The problem only occurs when parked, tractor works fine when moving forward and backwards.

I've searched but haven't found any posts relative to my issue.

Can anyone explain?

Thanks

/ Kubota B3200 hydrostatic jerks when parking brake on #2  
Sounds like your pedals may be sticking a little, or may be out of adjustment. Grease the fittings, and check the manual for adjustments.

You stated that this only occurs when parked.........have you just let the tractor sit.......without the parking brake on, to see if it does it. ? Most of us stop the tractor, set the brake, do what we need to, then get back on and go.

My pedals will stick occasionally on my Massey, and do what you describe, although I get no squeaking noise(unless I try to drive it with the brake engaged).

/ Kubota B3200 hydrostatic jerks when parking brake on #3  
Seems odd that the motor doesn't die when this happens. I think there is a safety interlock on the seat that will kill the motor if the hydro pedal moves with no weight in the seat.

/ Kubota B3200 hydrostatic jerks when parking brake on #4  
I agree with Don87; the hydro pedal is probably on the cusp of engaged / not engaged and just needs an adjustment.

/ Kubota B3200 hydrostatic jerks when parking brake on
Thank you for the responses, I did check in earlier but didn't respond. Been busy trying to keep other mowers/weed-eaters running now that grass cutting is on full steam.

I'm now convinced that the pedal needs to be adjusted.

While using the tractor last night another thing happened. While parked on flat ground and in high gear (parking brake off) the tractor began moving forward slowly, then faster. I could see the pedal moving down faster. Luckily I was sitting on the tractor and could easily stop it.

My questions are:

1) I haven't checked the manual yet to see how to adjust it, but is there anything obvious to watch out for when adjusting it?

(My fear is I go too far and make it worse. I had this happen on an old Toro mower with a hydro trans and it was never right after. )

2) Was there any harm done to hydraulics, or did I just lose some of the forward motion of the pedal?

I kind of thought it appeared to be slowing down some when trying to go forward lately. I guess this would explain it.

/ Kubota B3200 hydrostatic jerks when parking brake on #6  
To me it sounds like you haven't shifted it out of gear. When you leave the seat, if you put it in neutral, it should just sit there. If you leave it in gear and get out of the seat, it should kill the engine, as whistlepig suggested.

If you're not in gear, what is making it jerk? There should be no force applied to the drive train when not in gear.

If the pedal needs adjustment, that's one issue, but the other 2 issues are that the seat switch needs adjustment and the operator should review his habits.

/ Kubota B3200 hydrostatic jerks when parking brake on #7  
I have a B3200 (140 hours) and have owned it from beginning.
I don't know if its always had this issue or not, but recently in the last year or so, I've noticed that when its idling with parking brake on the tractor will jump.
I'm fairly certain the issue is related to the transmission, or at least the pedal as I will see it move when this problem occurs.
The tractor is at lowest idle, nobody on the seat, and I hear this high pitched squeak when it occurs (only lasts a second).

The squeak/squeal is the brake system working when it decides to move. Don't ask me how I know.....

Your tractor, when in Low/Medium/High should not move an inch without pedal input, even without the brake engaged, butt in the seat or not. You say you have only 140 hours? Is it still in warranty? If it is I'd get the dealer to correct the issue.

The surge must be momentary because the safety switch will kill the engine if the seat is unoccupied and the transmission gets a go signal from the pedal linkage. Normal operation, transmission engaged, pedal in neutral position is for engine to run and tractor to sit still, whether or not you are in the seat. PTO is another story but that's not your issue.

If the machine is out of warranty, spend the money and purchase the shop manual from your dealer, if you want to do it yourself, or pay the dealer to set the forward/reverse treadle linkage correctly. I'd be quite sure at 140 hours that your tranny is just fine, it's a linkage sticking or in need of adjustment. If indeed the tractor surges forward for more than a couple of seconds, you also have a safety switch issue. I admit to pressing the pedal while dismounted to move the tractor an inch or two forward or back when hooking up to attachments but anything beyond a second or two will kill the engine.

"When you leave the seat, if you put it in neutral, it should just sit there." Says RaydaCub. ALL WRONG: if you put it in neutral it is in free wheeling mode and will out race you down the hill. It should be in low/med/high and if the tredel linkage is right, it will sit still......

Best of luck with your issue.

Last edited:
   / Kubota B3200 hydrostatic jerks when parking brake on #8  
Thank you for the responses, I did check in earlier but didn't respond. Been busy trying to keep other mowers/weed-eaters running now that grass cutting is on full steam.

I'm now convinced that the pedal needs to be adjusted.

While using the tractor last night another thing happened. While parked on flat ground and in high gear (parking brake off) the tractor began moving forward slowly, then faster. I could see the pedal moving down faster. Luckily I was sitting on the tractor and could easily stop it.

My questions are:

1) I haven't checked the manual yet to see how to adjust it, but is there anything obvious to watch out for when adjusting it?

(My fear is I go too far and make it worse. I had this happen on an old Toro mower with a hydro trans and it was never right after. )

2) Was there any harm done to hydraulics, or did I just lose some of the forward motion of the pedal?

I kind of thought it appeared to be slowing down some when trying to go forward lately. I guess this would explain it.
This should never happen..........period.