Oil & Fuel Kubota L3540 crankcase vent

/ Kubota L3540 crankcase vent #1  

Goodwinch

Tractor
Kubota L3540 HST w/Cab
I just purchased a low hrs L3540. When I changed the oil [which appeared quite dirty] something puzzling happened. When I pulled the two drain plugs the oil ran out very slowly. However, when I pulled the dipstick, it then ran freely like you'd expect. It acted as though the crankcase wasn't vented. My old tractor [a L3010] has a draft tube coming from the valve cover and the oil flows freely when you pull the plugs. No draft tube on the 3540 but there is a hose attached to round device at the rear of the valve cover which I then think connects to the intake manifold. Kinda resembles an automotive pvc system. Can anyone tell me if what I experienced is normal for the L3540 or is something wrong with the crankcase venting. BTW the tractor was fully warmed up when I changed the oil. Thanks Bill

/ Kubota L3540 crankcase vent #2  
Thats normal. And yes, that is the PCV valve that you found. The valve is a low preasure style so it will vent into the intake manifold when the crankcase preasure rises. I pull the dipstick out of mine when I change the oil so that it will drain faster.
Steve

/ Kubota L3540 crankcase vent
Thanks Steve, your msg was certainly music to my ears. Now, I can just enjoy my new treasure. Hope you have a great year in Big Sky country. Bill