Long 2360 4wd power steering problems

/ Long 2360 4wd power steering problems #1  

drumguy49

Tractor
Long 2360
I'm a new (used) tractor owner with little to no experience. The power steering on my 4wd Long 2360 has quit working. I can steer but have to turn the steering wheel about 4 rotations to turn the wheels right or left. I have noticed a small pool of what appears to be hydraulic fluid under the tractor so I'm assuming that's steering fluid but don't know how to check. Any advice on how to check the fluid and track down the source of the leak would be appreciated.

/ Long 2360 4wd power steering problems #2  
it should have a reservoir for the power steering fluid on top of the front of the motor ... not for sure on your model but on a 2610 long its hard to see and you have to pull the top cover off to see it..

/ Long 2360 4wd power steering problems
Thanks for that. I'll give it a look.

/ Long 2360 4wd power steering problems #4  
I ran a 2 wd. 2610 for over 10 years. If you take the side covers off so you can see the engine you'll see a black small metal tank with a dipstick in the top. The fill hole has a cap that has a spring and metal filter down under the cap. I had the pressure hose start leaking on mine and replaced it. It's just a short rubber hose that connects the hard pipe to the nipple on the hydraulic steering tank. Most likely where yours is leaking. Long makes things pretty simple. When you add hydraulic fluid to that steering tank the cap comes off with the spring and filter made to it. Have to press it down the get it started back in the threads. Mine was a 97 model and Long didn't change much over the years so yours should be the same unless they had a different setup for the front wheel drive being larger. Use the same hydraulic oil you use for the transmission. I ran hyguard in mine from JD.

/ Long 2360 4wd power steering problems
Thanks for the help. It's pouring outside but I'll try this as soon as I can get out there again.