Would you clean your mower this way?

/ Would you clean your mower this way? #2  
Probably not. I'd end up in the pond. :laughing:

The garden hose cleaning nozzles on my rider deck don't get that much stuff off, maybe the deeper water and more volume does a better job?

/ Would you clean your mower this way? #3  
Nope! Not good for the machine and too much chance for the tractor to end up in the water!

/ Would you clean your mower this way? #4  
Has bad idea written all over it.

/ Would you clean your mower this way? #5  
I've done something similar...I back up to my ponds edges to cut the bank and in a couple of low spots I let the bush hog sit in the water and rinse off...I don't do it as long as he did or as I high RPM and I sure don't get off while it is running much less walk around in front of the discharge chute...

/ Would you clean your mower this way? #6  
That youngster obviously hasn't had to pay for or install new spindle bearings.

/ Would you clean your mower this way? #7  
Ah, youth... what can I say..They just don't know any better. Also did anyone notice how the nice PTO shield rotated also? What is the point of having a PTO shield if you don't chain down both ends? Oh, well it is not my mower, and not my kids.

James K0UA

/ Would you clean your mower this way? #8  
Not a chance. I dip the tail of my brush hog in the water a little but only to mow right down to water's edge. The spindles of that finish mower aren't going to like that water in the bearings.

/ Would you clean your mower this way? #9  
What could possibly go wrong? :eek:

/ Would you clean your mower this way? #10  
Not a chance. I dip the tail of my brush hog in the water a little but only to mow right down to water's edge. The spindles of that finish mower aren't going to like that water in the bearings.

Same here...I just dip the tail in at the two low spots where we usually fish...to keep it mowed down..He actually pretty much submerged his mower and it was a finish mower with belts not a bush hog....right ?