My tractor got wet.

/ My tractor got wet. #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
Yesterday I tried to take my tractor into the creek to knock down a beaver dam. Knocked it down by hand last time and it about killed me. The water was relatively shallow (less than hub high) with a firm sandy bottom. Started in very slowly at a slight incline into the water and the "firm sandy" bottom was soft and muddy at this point and the front sank down. Rears were still in the bank. Decided to back out. Fronts dug down, rears spun even with diff locked. The front tires were almost completely submerged. Exhaust was under water too. Could not push back with the bucket much because it couldn't grip much. Couldn't get my truck into the location because it was too tight and muddy and in the woods.

Soooo I had about 20' of chain, a 20' snatch strap and a come-along hand winch. Slowly drug it up. Took about 20 minutes. Front axle and hubs probably under water for 30-40 minutes max.

Got it back up the hill and pushed the little pin under the clutch housing and water ran out. Took the whole plug out and put the tractor on several inclines and got a little more water out. Then mowed for about two hours in 2 and 4wd. No problems.

Anything else I need to do since the front got submerged?

Any advice on the beavers? Trapping has not worked. Rarely get a daylight shot at them.

/ My tractor got wet. #2  
Tractor is probably ok, but you need a trip to the hardware store for a 2 mil. candle power spotlight and a box of 22LR.

/ My tractor got wet.
Done that. Takes two people....I don't have any sort of 'tactical' flashlight rifle deals. I'm a decent shot and have accurate rifles but I have a hard time hitting one in the water.....only the head is visible. I've heard they sink when you hit them....so maybe I have hit a few.....but I certainly don't have any evidence to prove it. But you are right, I think shooting them is the only effective way. We caught a few in traps but then nothing, no matter how we rigged them we never caught anymore. Caught a few snapping turtles. Was concerned about catching an otter.

/ My tractor got wet. #5  
I use a VRL-1 Varmit light on coyotes. Not hard to find them online. It comes with a clamp to attach to a 3/4" or 1" diameter scope. It uses either red or green LED bulb modules.

It is an outstanding night hunting device. It allows a one person operation.

/ My tractor got wet. #7  
Might try wildlife dept. In oklahoma they will send out gov.trapper to trap unwanted beaver.

/ My tractor got wet.
Would like to use dynamite on the dam....dams actually.....but you pretty much sign your rights away to legally get your hands on dynamite.

/ My tractor got wet. #10  
They burned a few of them down on Duck Dynasty :laughing: . Maybe you can smoke one out and then shoot it.