2 questions on a Ford 1510

/ 2 questions on a Ford 1510 #1  

MikeA57

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1510
Well OK, one is about the tractor and the other is about my finish mower. First, the tractor. One of my headlights is dim while the other is bright. I removed the dim one to get a replacement and I began wondering if maybe there was a different kind of bulb in each headlight. I took the good one apart and as I removed the bulb from the lens assembly it just turned to powder in my hand It's the part that the bulb gets rotated into and now it won't latch back up in the housing because the fins that lock it in disintegrated. So, I'm wondering if I can get just the base that the bulb screws into, or if I have to get a whole new headlight assembly?Does anyone know? I also need 2 bulbs for it (I want a spare) and I can't find anything like them out online. If anyone knows of a source for any of these items I'd appreciate it. I've put a picture of the headlight assembly below.

Secondly, I have a finish mower and sometime last season one of the rectangular lock pins that held one of the wheels on got lost and the wheel came off. When it came off, so did one of the spacers that went between the lock pin and thecylinder on the mower housing that the wheel shaft went through. Again, I've included a photo of one of the ones that I still have. I don't really know where to come up with one of those either although I can probably find something but if someone knows where a replacement one might be, I'd be interested in that as well.

Thanks,

Mike

Attachments

• 1510 Headlight.jpg
    1510 Headlight.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 380
  • finish mower.jpg
    finish mower.jpg
    909.2 KB · Views: 250
   / 2 questions on a Ford 1510 #2  
Well OK, one is about the tractor and the other is about my finish mower. First, the tractor. One of my headlights is dim while the other is bright. I removed the dim one to get a replacement and I began wondering if maybe there was a different kind of bulb in each headlight. I took the good one apart and as I removed the bulb from the lens assembly it just turned to powder in my hand It's the part that the bulb gets rotated into and now it won't latch back up in the housing because the fins that lock it in disintegrated. So, I'm wondering if I can get just the base that the bulb screws into, or if I have to get a whole new headlight assembly?Does anyone know? I also need 2 bulbs for it (I want a spare) and I can't find anything like them out online. If anyone knows of a source for any of these items I'd appreciate it. I've put a picture of the headlight assembly below.

Secondly, I have a finish mower and sometime last season one of the rectangular lock pins that held one of the wheels on got lost and the wheel came off. When it came off, so did one of the spacers that went between the lock pin and thecylinder on the mower housing that the wheel shaft went through. Again, I've included a photo of one of the ones that I still have. I don't really know where to come up with one of those either although I can probably find something but if someone knows where a replacement one might be, I'd be interested in that as well.

Thanks,

Mike

I would find a shop manual ( try ebay) for the part number for your lights and socket. I would think any Tractor Supply store would have spacers or could get them for you. Hope this helps

/ 2 questions on a Ford 1510 #3  
A friend of mine has a Land Pride finish mower, and his lost some wheels once as well. Had to get new spacers from the local dealer.

/ 2 questions on a Ford 1510 #4  
Those fender mounted headlamps are notorious for poor ground connections. Check connections at the lamp, and clean the metal where the fender bolts to the chassis.

/ 2 questions on a Ford 1510
Those fender mounted headlamps are notorious for poor ground connections. Check connections at the lamp, and clean the metal where the fender bolts to the chassis.

Ahhhhhhh, good point. I'll bet that it is it. I'll check that.

Thanks!

/ 2 questions on a Ford 1510 #6  
The spacers can be made by cutting a short piece of pipe with the same I.D. I had problems with the fender lights on my 1710, that appear to be the same as your lights. I ended that headache by removing them, and mounting the rubber mounted utility lights that just have a positive wire. They work great.

/ 2 questions on a Ford 1510 #7  
My bulb was burned out, then I had the same problem RickB mnetioned. And cured it the same way. I wound up getting the bulb from a NH dealer. Looked like really good quality.