Changing Gears question

/ Changing Gears question #11  
I wouldn't make a habit of it. You can ride the clutch slightly to take any shock off the driveline, but if it's badly out of sync, you won't get it in no matter how hard you push. Just something you have to practice.

/ Changing Gears question #12  
Many of the modern manual geared tractors have a 2, 3 or more range selector and then 4 or more gears in each range. Most of them have sycronized gears in the 1,2,3 ,4 etc. but the tractor must be stopped dead to change ranges ie L,M & H range. You can do some serious damage to the transmission trying to change ranges while moving.

/ Changing Gears question #13  
Hi Hognosh

I have just had my tractor for 40 hours. I set whatever gear I need for the job from rest. It's got 4 gears and 3 ranges and in any of the gears from ranges 1 or 2 I can start from rest and move off as it's got such great pulling power. Only the highest range would stall at a start from rest but I'd never be using that for slashing (bush hogging). Only last month I had the first opportunity to use the highest gear when I had to drive on the road at about 30 km/hour. For that I did have to press the clutch and change gears quickly and smoothly.

Mike

/ Changing Gears question
yeh mike thats what ive done, and i guess ill play it safe and continue to do that. i rather have the pain in the butt of stopping and changing gears. but still having a tractor that i dont need to get repaired cuz ive ruined my clutchs/trans then changing on the fly just to look cool infront of my pigs watching me.;)