Transporting Batwing Mower

/ Transporting Batwing Mower #1  

firecatf7333

Tractor
deere
I am won a mowing contract and am renting a batwing 16' mower and also a 80-100 hp tractor. I'm mowing 170 acres. I have a newer 1 ton truck but none of my trailers are setup to haul the tractor so I may hire it out. About 50 miles one way for the tractor- about 30 miles one way for the mower.

It depends on which tractor the dealer will have on the lot to rent if I will haul it myself. I'd like something on the lighter end and no cab is needed since I hope to only be mowing for about 4 days.

I don't plan on hauling tractor and mower together

How much does a 16' mower weight? How narrow are they folded up?. I've only used 6 ft bush hogs before never a batwing. Could I pull the mower down the road behind my truck, or will it be too much weight for my truck and tow hard? If the tractor isn't at the same rental place as the mower, how would the mower be loaded/ unloaded? The rental place may have way of loading it, but then how would I unload at my location? I don't think the tractor will have a loader as it's not needed( or maybe now it will be)

I called mower rental place and they said I could tow it behind my pickup, which seems to be my only option right now

thanks for your help

/ Transporting Batwing Mower #2  
jdmower.jpgi've moved a 15' jd151 batwong mower on a 16' car hauler before.

we folde dhte deck and backed it on.

if i had to do it over again.. I'd just have pulled the ball on my truck and use dhte drawbar for m the mower with a pin.. like the tractor pulls it and roaded it..e tc.

to guess on width.. 1/3 times total width.. plus a lil. if you guess 6' for the center panel and a lil deck fold overhand on ech side i think you will be fine.

i didn't think i had a pic of the mower ont he trailer.. but i found one.

/ Transporting Batwing Mower #3  
View attachment 317621i've moved a 15' jd151 batwong mower on a 16' car hauler before.

we folde dhte deck and backed it on.

if i had to do it over again.. I'd just have pulled the ball on my truck and use dhte drawbar for m the mower with a pin.. like the tractor pulls it and roaded it..e tc.

to guess on width.. 1/3 times total width.. plus a lil. if you guess 6' for the center panel and a lil deck fold overhand on ech side i think you will be fine.

i didn't think i had a pic of the mower ont he trailer.. but i found one.
You alright there old buddy?

/ Transporting Batwing Mower #4  
   / Transporting Batwing Mower #6  
There is a chart someplace on here that gives you your mowing times. you might want to look it over as I do not believe 4 days is going to get it done.

/ Transporting Batwing Mower #7  
Looks like you were fat fingering the keyboard or having a mild stroke (SP) !!

:shocked: :confused2:

i type on a tablet pc.. i've mentioned this multiple times :(

are we down to bring up spelling errors?

i'm outta this thread. try to help and people piss and moan.

later.

/ Transporting Batwing Mower #8  
Just a little funnin there , sorry to upset ya .

/ Transporting Batwing Mower #9  
I am won a mowing contract and am renting a batwing 16' mower and also a 80-100 hp tractor. I'm mowing 170 acres. I have a newer 1 ton truck but none of my trailers are setup to haul the tractor so I may hire it out. About 50 miles one way for the tractor- about 30 miles one way for the mower.

It depends on which tractor the dealer will have on the lot to rent if I will haul it myself. I'd like something on the lighter end and no cab is needed since I hope to only be mowing for about 4 days.

I don't plan on hauling tractor and mower together

How much does a 16' mower weight? How narrow are they folded up?. I've only used 6 ft bush hogs before never a batwing. Could I pull the mower down the road behind my truck, or will it be too much weight for my truck and tow hard? If the tractor isn't at the same rental place as the mower, how would the mower be loaded/ unloaded? The rental place may have way of loading it, but then how would I unload at my location? I don't think the tractor will have a loader as it's not needed( or maybe now it will be)

I called mower rental place and they said I could tow it behind my pickup, which seems to be my only option right now

thanks for your help

If you wont be doing it often why not just drive it . Would only take 2 hours.

/ Transporting Batwing Mower #10  
i type on a tablet pc.. i've mentioned this multiple times :(

are we down to bring up spelling errors?

i'm outta this thread. try to help and people piss and moan.

later.

Hmmm...massive overreaction.

-Phillip