Help with trailer decision .............

/ Help with trailer decision ............. #11  
I use a bumper pull Big Tex 12PI for my !10tlb and 4520 with a 20ft floor and slide in ramps. This has worked very well for me for 8 yrs now. I have looked at other trailers and would consider a tilt bed trailer with open deck too. I prefer the bumper pull trailer over the gn because it is easier to handle.

I agree with others about the dump trailer usage, I have a PJ 14k dump trailer bumper pull and would not consider it a replacement for a dump truck. I pull this with a Ford F550 mostly with debris or mulch, good trailer but not as usefull as it might seem.

I would say the 22' long bumper pull tilt trailer 14k that Big Tex currently offers would be a good choice for moving your equipment.

/ Help with trailer decision ............. #12  
Id go with just the gooseneck and have some removable sides made for the brush and stuff. Not to mention you can usually find some good deals on them on Craigslist with a little looking. It doesnt say what city in Alabama you are from, but I know most all rental companies around the Bham area here have 5 ton dump trailers for rent for under $150 if you needed to haul some stone or dirt.

/ Help with trailer decision ............. #13  
DITTO THAT. WHY BUY A SPECIFIC TRAILER BUILD ( DUMPER ).. FOR A 1 OR LOW TIME USE.. WHEN YOU COULD SIMLY RENT THE 1-TIME JOB OUT..E TC.

( darn caps... )

/ Help with trailer decision .............
DITTO THAT. WHY BUY A SPECIFIC TRAILER BUILD ( DUMPER ).. FOR A 1 OR LOW TIME USE.. WHEN YOU COULD SIMLY RENT THE 1-TIME JOB OUT..E TC.

( darn caps... )

I am about an hour north of B'ham and have tried the rental route. Cannot find any local reliable rentals. The brakes were hooked up wrong on my last rented trailer (16' bumper pull). My tractor pushed me down a very steep grade for a "very curvy" mile before I could get it stopped. When it got a little darker and the truck light automatically came on, the trailer brakes locked up. They apparently had been wired to the lights.

/ Help with trailer decision ............. #15  
I cant recall the company name but the Big tex dealer at the pelham exit just 15 minutes south of Bham had a gooseneck dump that looked to be 20' + sitting on the lot today.