Tires R4 PSI

/ R4 PSI #1  

KenB2920

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240HSTC
When not using the loader (such as mowing or whatever you're using your tractor for), what do you keep your R4 tires at? I was mowing my yard which is clay. Now that its drying out its becoming harder. My thought was softening up the tires by lowering the PSI. When using the loader it's at 40 psi. Any recommendations?

/ R4 PSI #2  
IIRC....the rears on my 2620 stay at 40 psi all the time. The front are at 35 with the FEL and 27 without.

/ R4 PSI #3  
IIRC....the rears on my 2620 stay at 40 psi all the time. The front are at 35 with the FEL and 27 without.

On mine both fronts have a tendency to slow leak, so I keep them at 40psi too, just works better like that.

/ R4 PSI #4  
I keep them at max PSI all the time.

/ R4 PSI
When I had my b2920 I also kept it at 35 psi. I just lowered my current tractors psi to 25 and took it for a test drive. World of a difference. I assume if I lower the tears I will feel like I am driving a Cadillac

/ R4 PSI #6  
I keep mine within 5 PSI of maximum at all times and dont adjust for implements. This is especially needed for the fronts as a low pressure can allow the tire to roll off the rim when turning if the pressure gets too low. I rolled a rear tire off my B26 while working on a slope and there was no evidence of low pressure (squatting of sidewall). It is really hard to tell if the pressure is low by just looking at the tires when there is no load or light load on the tractor, so if you decide to reduce the pressure, you should check the pressures frequently so you dont mess up a tire or rim if the tires roll off. This is especially important if you have liquid ballast in the tires.
Now I check the pressures often to make sure they arent low from leaking down as they are not ballasted (factory requirement for back hoe )

/ R4 PSI #7  
Lower pressure = more ground contact = more traction, less slippage. That is the whole point of why radials are the cat's meow now.

/ R4 PSI #8  
I keep mine at the recommended pressure in the manual.. 45 front 20 rear.